AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Post 2:  (Read 105129 times)

HH

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Post 2:
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »
Can you still see the AirNav Radarbox in the device manager? Has it still the new drivers activated?

Are all jacks still plugged in where they belong?

Markus
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 01:11:54 PM by HH »

davis

• RANGE
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2007, 01:17:09 PM »
Can you still see the AirNav Radarbox in the device manager? Has it still the new drivers activated?

Are all jacks still plugged in where they belong?

Markus

This is what i can see in device manager...

I confirm that alla Jacks are plugged in their port: USB from hardware to usb in my pc (i have try 3 different usb's pc's ports), antenna cable from antenna to hardware.

HH

« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2007, 01:30:12 PM »
One more try ;)

Is your ProductID still valid (there was one case where the product ID got corrupted). You can see vendor ID and product ID with USBVIEW from FTDI: http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm

It then should look like this:

Device Descriptor:
bcdUSB:             0x0200
bDeviceClass:         0x00
bDeviceSubClass:      0x00
bDeviceProtocol:      0x00
bMaxPacketSize0:      0x08 (8)
idVendor:           0x0403 (Future Technology Devices International Limited)
idProduct:          0xBB80
bcdDevice:          0x0600
iManufacturer:        0x01
iProduct:             0x02
iSerialNumber:        0x00
bNumConfigurations:   0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
Current Config Value: 0x01
Device Bus Speed:     Full
Device Address:       0x03
Open Pipes:              2

Markus

davis

• RANGE
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »
This is what i can see in USB VIEW after i have clik over Radarbox:

Device Descriptor:
bcdUSB:             0x0200
bDeviceClass:         0x00
bDeviceSubClass:      0x00
bDeviceProtocol:      0x00
bMaxPacketSize0:      0x08 (8)
idVendor:           0x0403 (Future Technology Devices International Limited)
idProduct:          0xBB80
bcdDevice:          0x0600
iManufacturer:        0x01
iProduct:             0x02
iSerialNumber:        0x00
bNumConfigurations:   0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
Current Config Value: 0x01
Device Bus Speed:     Full
Device Address:       0x01
Open Pipes:              2

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress:     0x81
Transfer Type:        Bulk
wMaxPacketSize:     0x0040 (64)
bInterval:            0x00

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress:     0x02
Transfer Type:        Bulk
wMaxPacketSize:     0x0040 (64)
bInterval:            0x00

HH

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2007, 01:56:12 PM »
In my opinion everything looks good. Maybe its an antenna thing?

You could check it - at your own risk - with a simple piece of copper wire dismanteled at one end at a length of about 7 cm (thats Lambda/4 from 1090 Mhz) and put it in the middle of the sma connector.
I'm not quite sure if this is too rude to try or something could break, but it somehow looks like the antenna does not work???

Markus

davis

• RANGE
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2007, 02:05:54 PM »
I repeat, the antenna and the box works very good with the basic installation. The box doesn't work with the beta patch.

I try many times to reinstall the program. With the basic installation all run good. When i upload to the new patch i have the problem.

HH

« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2007, 02:58:19 PM »
OK one last try from me:

Do you have any other USB devices connected at the same time? If yes, did you try to unplug them, restart and start the whole procedure with installing radarbox again?

Markus

montimax

« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2007, 02:59:33 PM »
I try many times to reinstall the program. With the basic installation all run good. When i upload to the new patch i have the problem.

Ciao Gianni, solo per essere solidale con il tuo problema... veramente penoso leggere le tue vicessitudini, per non dire altro...
Io ci ho messo più di una settimana (anche io ho xp, puoi immaginare le imprecazioni) prima di far andare la versione 2 (la 1 andava ma ogni tanto andava in crash), ma il mio problema era un'altro.... ad ogni modo te lo spiego, chissà che non possa aiutarti: le vie del cielo sono infinite!!
Io avevo 2 problemi:
  • L'aggiornamento dei driver. Ho dovuto andare in cerca dei file del driver (mi sembra in \system32 e ..32\drivers) e togliere l'attributo di sola lettura, poi usare l'utility ftclean per cancellare tutte le istanze del driver, ed infine solo dopo un reboot sono riuscito ad installarli correttamente.
  • L'aggiornamento firmware, che non ti dice quando ha realmente finito.... una prima volta l'ho lasciato una decina di minuti ma non è andato (anch'io non vedevo niente), allora lo ho fatto andare per più di un'ora e ha funzionato.
Ti dico questo perchè se i driver non sono corretti (si lo so tu vedi 2.2.4.0) e se l'aggiornamento firmware non è a posto, non funziona niente.
Certo, ci avrai provato già un tot. di volte, ma ti scrivo essenzialmente per solidarietà....

Ciao!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2007, 03:33:58 PM »
davis,

I am finding it very difficult to help you with your problem, because every time you describe your problem it is different.

First you said:

Hi

The program is arrived 4 days ago, i have installed it and all run perfectly.

Problems are arriving when i have decided to update to version 2. Drivers works correctly but the program crash alone when i updated the firmware. I have tried it on 3 Pc.

Next you said:

Now i have tried to reinstall the update, now the program doesn't crash but he signal me that the Hardware is Connected (green square) but the hardware doesn't give sings of life, "usb" and "signal" light are always off. The only light that is on is the power light.

Next this:

hi Air Nav
i operate in 3 computer ...i have download new patch ..NOTING not work..i think 710 euro for one program that work or it does not work badly are too many. .cosa I must make? Sorry for my english...they are a lot  sad and angry

Then you said that you had a problem with the Username and Password:

YES  for all the questions  i have drive 2.2.4.0 upgrade is 0.91.0  up version 1.01.2.. now wen i start with  ANRB.exe interface appare but i put  email e password but not go..i put user name from original CD with pass but not go ..one problem after other ..

HI Allocator  ..confirm user of CD is PGARNB1002XX
pass 175756XXX   wryte like you see.correct ..i flag' remember ' but not go..

But then you posted that the program did run, but you were not picking up any aircraft:

After this i have restart the pc and i have try to open the program.

Nothing: The hardware's "usb" light blinking, as you can see on the video that i have put on you tube. The program run correctly but i cannot see flight over me, i can see only the network flights.

I confirm that i'm Using the standard air nav antenna but i confirm you that the antenna and the box run correctly with the basic CD software.

The problem of the blue light blinking is only when i update the driver and the firmware with the files in post n°2.

I can only think of three things. 

1. You are unable to follow the instructions correctly to make the upgrade, and if you have been using computers for 15 years then you must have missed something.

2. You RadarBox is broken, so you should make arrangements to return it to AirNav, who I am sure will replace it with one they have tested.

3. You are deliberately wasting my time and the time of all those trying to help you solve a problem which does not exist.

I hope that it is number 2 that is the problem.

However, I'm afraid that I don't have the time to help you any more davis, so you're on your own mate!

davis

• RANGE
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2007, 04:05:29 PM »
Well, allocator.........

You have post the history of what's happened to me. Now you can put all in the trash and you must consider only that i have do on my personal pc (i'm the son of davis) (the last 2 "quote" that you have take from my precedents posts").

I confirm that in precedent days i has all the problems that i have post here but now the problem is only in the last quote. Just this:

After this i have restart the pc and i have try to open the program.

Nothing: The hardware's "usb" light blinking, as you can see on the video that i have put on you tube. The program run correctly but i cannot see flight over me, i can see only the network flights.

I confirm that i'm Using the standard air nav antenna but i confirm you that the antenna and the box run correctly with the basic CD software.

The problem of the blue light blinking is only when i update the driver and the firmware with the files in post n°2.

I confirm another time that with the basic program (WHAT YOU CAN INSTALL FROM ORIGINAL CD) all run good. The blinking "usb" light come when i upload driver.

I am not the only one to having this problem, don't take me like a stupid, I am enough expert of installations, but this beta on my 4 pc doesn't run good…

davis

• RANGE
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »
if you want i have MSN Messenger to try to resolve this problem...

[email protected]

doro

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2007, 07:29:34 PM »
Windows Time Synchronizing Service,
Did you mention that earlier on in a post, as someone on the forum or maybe a support ticket mentioned it worked fine when it was on or off (can't find it now)
Yeah a support ticked. Just a hunch (since almost nothing is left).

doro

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »
I repeat, the antenna and the box works very good with the basic installation. The box doesn't work with the beta patch.

Hi Davis: have you tried (als I posted before)

Run the Beta Firmware upgrade 0.9 to from the Beta 1.1 first (see earlier for download).

and AFTER THAT run the the firmware upgrade 1.2, this got me through.

Doro

patcarty2

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »
Guys, can someone pls tell me the latest date of the firmware updater. Mine is 8 September and I am not sure if that is the latest.
TIA.
Pat

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2007, 08:38:20 PM »
That is the latest patcarty2.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]