AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dassault Falcon Silhouettes  (Read 9426 times)

Markus48

Dassault Falcon Silhouettes
« on: February 16, 2009, 03:35:03 AM »

I'm missing quite a few Dassault Jet silhouettes on Navair 2009.
Had a 2000EX tonite and nothing to show for it.Many others as well.
 Lots of them around here as Wilm Delaware has large Dassault Maint base.
 Any one have some more to add by chance?

Mark
 Maryland USA

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
Re: Dassault Falcon Silhouettes
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:39:37 AM »
Hi Marcus,
do you have your RB online? Were we can see traffic? like a website?
Thx.
Miguel
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:02 AM »
So, what ICAO Type Codes do the ones you've got have (eg FA50)?  Then check in the DATA/SILHOUETTES folder to see if there's a matching BMP file.  Which ones are missing, I'm sure I could have a go at creating BMP sihouettes for the missing ones.

I can see six FA* silhouettes at the moment, so which ones are missing:
FA5X
FA7X
FA10
FA20
FA50
FA90
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:44:17 AM by tarbat »

IAN K

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 10:08:24 AM »
The Falcon 2000 is code F2TH which should be in your Data/Silhouette folder

Markus48

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 12:19:46 PM »
 Thanks Ian It was there all the time as F2TH.
 Was tail N2000A(A1945C) flying thru area at 45k.
 Must be company demo with that 2008 tail.

Mark

ACW367

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:46:30 AM »
The database/silhouettes folder has many codes which are wrong and should be deleted.  Some of the codes are used solely by the FAA and are not the official international ICAO codes..The only official ICAO codes currently in use for Dassault biz-jets are:

FA10 Falcon 10
FA20 Falcon 20
FA50 Falcon 50
FA7X Falcon 7X
F900 Falcon 900 (all versions including the DX & EX)
F2TH Falcon 2000 (the TH stands for Thousand)

Non-International FAA only codes in your database that should not be used and deleted include F10A, F2TX, FA5X, F9DX, F9EX and FA90. Other common codes which are in the database that are not official ICAO codes are H25X, PA28, PA42, TB20, BE90 and BE4X.

Ian K - I love your website and thank you for the service you provide to us all.  However can you explain why your policy is to keep silhouettes of non-ICAO codes for some types.  I fully understand for types like ULACs that are not allocated full ICAO codes, but not regular multi-engine types in use that have full official ICAO codes.  After downloading updates from your site to get the new silhouettes I spend ages deleting those unofficial codes again. 

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 09:43:56 AM »
I wouldn't delete these "incorrect" silhouettes.  Unless you're also going to go through your whole Navdata Aircraft table correcting all the codes in the AT field that don't conform to ICAO standards.  And get GAS to enforce ICAO standards as well.  I just can't see the point.  Just because the code is a "non-international FAA only code", doesn't mean it shouldn't be used in Radarbox silhouettes.

I don't believe the AT field is meant to be a strict adherance to the ICAO.  It's just a field to enable silhouettes to be displayed.  I've got dozens of non-standard codes.

IAN K

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:06:12 AM »

Ian K - I love your website and thank you for the service you provide to us all.  However can you explain why your policy is to keep silhouettes of non-ICAO codes for some types.  I fully understand for types like ULACs that are not allocated full ICAO codes, but not regular multi-engine types in use that have full official ICAO codes.  After downloading updates from your site to get the new silhouettes I spend ages deleting those unofficial codes again. 

It is basically a question of time in that I need to go through the list and delete them, the site was created quite a while ago and all I have been able to do is to add new ones when requested.

I'm not really sure why you need to go through the list and delete the unofficial ones ? surely if the code isn't in use then the silhouette won't get picked up anyway ! but I will bear it in mind.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:08:45 AM by IAN K »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »
Non-International FAA only codes in your database that should not be used and deleted include F10A, F2TX, FA5X, F9DX, F9EX and FA90. Other common codes which are in the database that are not official ICAO codes are H25X, PA28, PA42, TB20, BE90 and BE4X.

I'd be interested to know why you attribute these codes to the FAA. 

Their Bible for aircraft type designators is FAA JO 7340, and although it contains a small number of US-only designators that ICAO don't recognise (e.g. B73Q, DC9Q for Stage 3 aircraft) I can't see any of the others that you quote.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

ACW367

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »
I always thought they were FAA codes because this is the only country that I was aware of that issued some non-ICAO codes.  Having looked at the FAA doc, I do not know how these codes have come from.  Therefore I am even more mystified how these codes became prevalent.

These codes are not used by either airframes or GAS.  The main reason I do not like them at all, is that they cause a few issues with the Parser service that is offered by the yahoo mode S group.  I have edited my navdata database to change the thousands of anomilies into the correct ICAO codes as they are recorded on airframes. 

I suppose it is a personal rant. But I like things to be right and in this case I take my lead from GAS and airframes as to what the right way should be.

IAN K

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 09:01:34 PM »
As I know a lot of people use the non ICAO codes I won't delete them but will consider having 2 separate zip files but unfortunately I won't be able to do this straight away.