anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav Reports vs Live Radar screen  (Read 23582 times)

AK01

AirNav Reports vs Live Radar screen
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:24:20 PM »
Is there any explanation why the end of the day Air Nav reports sometimes differ from what i see on the screen and what i hear on the radio?
Let's explain, yesterday's Kuwait Air Nav report shows :

43C04E  RRR6620                  ZZ175   BC-A  UK - Air Force          2009/02/15 16:29:28 

When i saw it on the live radar at that time it was showing RRR6636, and it was also on the radio like that.

I know SBS isn't always correct, i know data is maintained by volunteers, however i thought the Air Nav report was generated from the same source as where the live radar screen is coming from. Is that correct, or are they two different /non communicating systems??

Thanks for your comments.

Regards Pieter,

ACW367

Re: AirNav Reports vs Live Radar screen
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:24:45 AM »
There is a bug which Airnav are aware of.  This means that the reporter function shows the first callsign recieved by your box that hasn't been deleted, even if this is many days before you ask for the report.  The only way currently around this is to delete old data from yesterday and before daily.  So that only callsigns from todays flights are left.  This will ensure that the oldest recorded callsign picked up by reporter is from the day that you are actually recording.

The BC-A type can be edited by using the database explorer.  In this case it should of course read C17.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:24:03 AM »
One solution to this problem is to run your own SQL code to generate a correct daily log.  This lists ALL the Flight IDs used by an aircraft yesterday.  An example of my daily report at http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/data.html

Uses the following SQL code:
SELECT DISTINCT 
  Aircraft.Registration AS "Reg",
  Flights.Callsign AS "Flight ID",
  Flights.Route AS "Route",
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeSmall AS "ICAO Type",
  Aircraft.Airline AS "Airline",
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeLong AS "Aircraft",
  substr(Flights.EndTime,1,16) AS "Flight Ended",
  Aircraft.ModeS AS "Mode S"
FROM
 Aircraft
 LEFT OUTER JOIN Flights ON (Aircraft.ModeS=Flights.ModeS)
WHERE
  ((date('now','-1 day') = substr(Aircraft.LastTime,1,4)||"-"||substr(Aircraft.LastTime,6,2)||"-"||substr(Aircraft.LastTime,9,2)) AND
  (Flights.StartTime IS NULL)) OR
  ((date('now','-1 day') = substr(Flights.EndTime,1,4)||"-"||substr(Flights.EndTime,6,2)||"-"||substr(Flights.EndTime,9,2)))
ORDER BY
  Aircraft.Registration,
  Flights.EndTime,
  Aircraft.ModeS
So, for example, yesterday Ryanair aircraft reg. EI-DCT flew as RYR19BK (EIDW-EVRA), RYR19ED (EVRA-EIDW), RYR856 (EIDW-ENTO), and RYR857 (ENTO-EIDW).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:28:01 AM by tarbat »

AK01

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »
The only way currently around this is to delete old data from yesterday and before daily.  So that only callsigns from todays flights are left. 

Could you explain how to manualy delete the old data?
Tarbat's solution sounds a bit complicated for me.

Pieter

ACW367

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »
AK01

On mylog, the 'delete old data' button is on the tools dropdown menu. This button allows you to delete data from the 'flights for selected aircraft' area for all flights, without deleting the full aircraft details.  If you are about to create a reporter for todays date 17 Feb.  What you need to do is enter the deletion date of 16/02/2009 23:59:59.   This will delete the flights for all aircraft from before todays date.  When you do the reporter you will then find the flight number reported is the first one from the day you asked for.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
I've now setup a daily task on my computer to run a "correct" daily report, and output that to HTML.  If anyone else wants to try this, the attached ZIP file contains the following files:
1. sqlite3.exe - command line interface for SQLite databases, from http://www.sqlite.org/
2. sql.bat - a windows batch file to run the SQL
3. sql.txt - SQL statements to run the report

To use this, extract the zip file, and put the 3 files in your Radarbox folder (normally C:\Program FIles\Airnav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009

Then run the sql.bat file.  A file called report.htm will be created, that you can view in your internet browser.  You can also use Windows Task Scheduler to schedule sql.bat to run just after midnight each day.

Some explanation of the contents of each file:

1. sql.bat contains sqlite3 "Data\MyLog.db3" ".read sql.txt"
The first argument is the location of your MyLog database.  The second argument is a pointer to the file that contains your SQL statements.

2. sql.txt contains a series of statements to generate a daily report in HTML format.  A full explanation of all the statements that can be used is at http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 09:53:22 PM »
Tarbat,

Many thanks for that, Great stuff. Now, if we could just have the squawk included...  :o)

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »
Hi all, just been on the LHR webcam site, I don't know about a 5 minutes delay for networked data - the display is showing Feb 28 2009, 03:36 UTC, 5 HOURS in the future, the screen is continually showing BMA7PK landing on 27R and not updating.................!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 10:37:58 PM »
Don't forget the site is still in beta. We are having problems with its ftp server so you may find some delays in the radar data.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 04:26:27 PM »
Tarbat

Using yor SQL report bat.  Good stuff.  Can you advise how I could get the output filename based on the date.  That way I could have a history of reports?

Cheers

Graham

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
Hi AirNav, just been on the Heathrow site again, now showing 0308 UTC 1st March, so 8 hours ahead of real UTC!!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 08:10:34 PM »
Please confirm it is Ok now.

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 10:36:25 PM »
Hi AirNav, yes, spot on now, complete with 5 minute delay!   7 hours and 55 minutes in advance had to be too good to be true!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 02:34:27 AM »
Tks. It was an error with the computer running the screen shot application.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
Just a quick note re my last post on this thread

I had some time and found a utility called Namedate that adds the date to the filename.  So just by adding a line in the SQL.BAT file to call this utility I'm renaming the file each time it is run.

Cheers

Graham