AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I?  (Read 3099 times)

ukpbz

How do I?
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
Hi

One of the most annoying things for me is the scroll bar on the aircraft list. It always sits in the middle of the bar, How can I set it so that when I want to scroll to the top of the aircraft I am receiving, it is at the top of the scroll bar and bottom for bottom of the list?

Also, If I want to list aircraft from lowest upwards, how can I fix the list to do this rather than keep changing to an aircraft in the radar window and thus moving away from point set?

Thanks

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
Re: How do I?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »
Both very simple to do. Click on an aircraft at the top of the window and then use the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys to scroll. When you are receiving a large number of aircraft the screen will jump about a bit. You can also move from the left to the right of an aircraft information bar by pressing the 'End' key and pressing the 'Home' key to move back to the beginning.

To sort by altitude just left click on the word 'Altitude' at the top of the column. The same applies to sorting on any of the columns.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

ukpbz

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
Hi Viking9

That doesn't solve either of my probs :-(

The scroll bar still has the scrolly bit in the middle, so by glancing I don't know if I am at the top or bottom of the list. This is the only app I know that does this so maybe its a setting.

I know that clicking altitude sorts by altitude. But as you say the list jumps about. It doesn't stay at the highest altitude for example, it will jump about to an aircraft on the radar screen.

Cheers

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »
ukpbz,

You can tell which aircraft is selected by the small black triangle in the left margin. If you don't want the aircraft de-selected then keep your cursor away from the map as hovering over an aircraft on the map selects it. As for the altitude sort changing - no it does not. I sorted my aircraft, both live and network, by altitude at least ten minutes ago and they are still sorted highest to lowest, top to bottom. Once again, keep the cursor away from the map if you don't want things to change in the table.

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
Meant to add that you can always click on the black 'video recorder' controls at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on the far left one will take you to the top of the list, the far right one the bottom.

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

ukpbz

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 04:20:05 PM »
Hi Viking9

Thanks for the reply.

I see what your saying for my second problem but it limiting what I do. I was up at Egun today and use a laptop. Trying not to go over the map which is the biggest part of the display is not easy. If your going to select some menu item for example, navigating around the map, with sunlight isn't easy. I guess there is no solution except work arounds :-(

I didn't know about the black recorder button thanks.  will try that. The best option I think would still to be able to look at the list and see where the scroll cursor is ( top or bottom) rather than having to do something to check. I know its just me :-)

Thanks anyway

Cheers

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 04:29:55 PM »
Why would you be using the map at EGUN? Very few aircraft using EGUN show their position. Just minimize the map by putting your cursor on the righthand edge (if your map is on the lefet) and holding the left mouse key down while dragging the edge of the map. It's only the biggest part of the display if you make it so. :o))
Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

ukpbz

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:35:17 PM »
You get a great view from Johns field, not just Military :-) and Map is important in that respect. Especially this morning, it was clear as anything.

I do appreciate all you have said but for me these are just pain points :-( The scroller thing is just a pain as every other app you use will have this move so you can easily see if your at top or bottom of page.

Cheers