anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Zoom capability  (Read 7076 times)

sd334

Zoom capability
« on: February 16, 2009, 02:53:37 AM »

I am just trying to find out how to zoom in to local airport more closely.  SBS have just had their annual open weekend and having attended I must say that their new software looks good and you can zoom in to much closer and more detailed outlines.  I am sure that this is possible with RB, but need someone to tell me how (as I am not too computer literate).

Thanks
Steely

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Zoom capability
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:00:56 AM »
That's simple: simple click the + button on the top bar, right click over the map and click + or, with the mouse over the map, scroll the mouse wheel.

Regarding SBS-1 new software: so they finally offer the possibility of tracking flights over a real NASA satellite overlay? Also does their map, by default, include all world airports, VOR, NDB and FIXES?

sd334

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:04:31 AM »
Hi there

Thanks for yoru quick reply.  I did try that, but there seemsd to be a limit on how much you can zoom in.  Is that correct?  I would like to be able to zoom in to terminals to see planes at the gate etc.

I don't think that with SBS all is included by default.  You need to find add-ons for that.

Thanks

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:22:04 AM »
With RadarBox you can zoom to see terminals and aircraft on terminals. You can even seen them on their fingers over a satellite image.

>I don't think that with SBS all is included by default.  You need to find add-ons for that.

We know the answer to this one. :-)
It is not possible to do that with SBS-1 not even with addons.

You can check the differences between both systems at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=606.0
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 06:23:53 AM by AirNav Development »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:19:45 AM »
I think Steely is referring to the fact that you can zoom in VERY close in Basestation, whereas the zoom limit is a lot further out on Radarbox.  Not a problem for me, but maybe those tracking on-ground movements would like a closer zoom level.

Steely, you can use the SBS-1 hires outlines in Radarbox.

Here's a comparison at Heathrow.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:11:52 AM by tarbat »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 01:00:29 PM »
I find that in full-screen map view (press ESC) you can zoom in closer than in shared-screen view.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 08:34:55 PM »
I have asked AirNav to add a feature so that in full-screen map view we could press a key (I suggest TAB) that would call up a floating window containing, for the currently selected aircraft, the photos and data panel.

I'm keeping my fingere crossed that this will be in version 2.1 - I would find it really useful.

Rod
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 04:55:37 AM »
We have some good news: V2.1 programming is progressing quite well. We are not only correcting all the pending bugs but adding a few more features which will make the application even better specially in terms of graphics. The zoom level available will be higher also (that one is very easy, just a matter of changing a variable value).