AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox Network Access Solutions  (Read 35337 times)

QF1

Re: New RadarBox Network Access Solutions
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 04:29:34 AM »

I must say that I do agree with some of DC's comments.  My understanding was that AirNav like Kinetic were not able to provide live data due to security issues.  It now seems that info can be provided live "at a price".   I am sure that if someone was going to use the software for "something other than its intended use" they wouldn't baulk at paying the higher rate.

The "security issue" has always seemed to be a bit of a cop-out for me.  I think the cost of hosting the data on the servers and providing the info "live" is where the cost is.

Anyway, I must also say that I think that the monthly payment option is a plus.  If everyone shared on Planeplotter, however, there would be no network cost, as long as PP's server could cope :-)

My 2 cents worth.

Cheers
M

robbieinderry

• http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 04:52:34 AM »
i have gain a great knowledge about money on this site
1.EUR €60 is nothing just cattle feed
2.EUR €389 for the airnav box "sure there giving them away at that price",
3.Annual - EUR € 59.95 per year sure you would spend that on sweets,
now you all must have plenty of money on here, no money recession here boys.
ps:
please send any donation to my email account i accept Credit or debit card through PayPal.
thanks robbie in poor ireland
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:54:22 AM by robbieinderry »
The name is robbie.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
Radio is hobby and one that can bring hours of enjoyment, build friendships and provide an escape from the trials of everyday life.

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 05:02:15 AM »
Hi,
and if 99% of members dont share data to Airnav network?
We continue pay and no received the service? Or bad service.

if i dont renovate my signature why i continue share my data?
And if the most RB users do the same?

Or RB network can received aniway our RB data?

I think this prices very high.
Regards.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:06:31 AM by mt007 »
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 05:08:55 AM »
This has been discussed many times over now.

1.) The Proffesionals are subject to there own audits and security hence anything mentioned regarding the Live Network is only subject to them and not to the rest of the customers. So QF1 points are not valid, as we will be controlling the data and who views it and if and when the authorties please we will pass the data on to them on who is using the service.

2.) Price wise the network is cheap and we have said many times we are NOT concered by drop outs of customers sharing as so far since the network renwals started almost 4 months ago we have NOT seen a negative affect.

So far its only been a minority of users who have made a fuss and keep bringing the subject back up so they might cause more users to follow there ways.

If we deem this is whats happening here we will close this thread as the same points are being mentioned over and over again.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 06:00:50 AM »
Hi,
ok support, i hope so.
Thx.
Regards.
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

QF1

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 06:15:14 AM »
If we deem this is whats happening here we will close this thread as the same points are being mentioned over and over again.

Please don't do this.  I believe that this was supposed to be the Kinetic response as well and I thought that this forum would not go down that route.  The more users that you get, the increased risk that some will not like what you are doing.  As you say, the majority are still happy.  I will be very happy to pay my 60 euros once my 12 months are up, because I DO think that it is good value, but I still disagree with the whole "security risk" argument - not necessarily AirNav's stance - more in general.  By the time you have a scanner and a pair of binoculars etc etc.

Anyway, 'nuff said.

Cheers
M

Fenris

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 09:08:52 AM »
Thanks for the information Airnav Dev, I was interested to know how you defined those able to have real time data.

Sadly the closest my company gets to these definitions is that our products are in passengers' pockets on just about every flight made these days.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
RadarBox at the moment does NOT send Live data to the network server. Only 5 minute delayed is sent.

Are you absolutely sure about this?  My analysis of network packets on port 7878 would suggest that aircraft data is being sent LIVE from Radarbox to the Airnav server.  Well, LIVE every 10 seconds.  Tested as follows:

1. Startup RB with hardware disconnected, and wait 10 minutes.

2. Observe the nearly empty packets being sent every 10 seconds.
"NRG*NE?LP@/..166*Nmprk_fmk_ai*Qamrj_lb*****?LP@0.*

3. Connect the hardware.

4. Observe an immediate stream of much larger packets of data being sent from port 7878.  No 5-minute delay before the data is sent.
"NRG*NE?LP@/..166*Nmprk_fmk_ai*Qamrj_lb*****?LP@0.*"NR?*0..7.0/3/.1..6*262.C.*IJK4.0*15...*31.*//5*.*...*34,2414*+1,5721*...*12//*****"NRG*NE?LP@/..166*Nmprk_fmk_ai*Qamrj_lb*****?LP@0.*"NR?*0..7.0/3/.1..6*1A2?64**1....***.*...*34,276/*+0,1563*...******"NRG*NE?LP@/..166*Nmprk_fmk_ai*Qamrj_lb*****?LP@0.*"NR?*0..7.0/3/.1..6*1A2??4**10...*2.1*1.2*.*...*35,1623*+3,0350*...*5504*****

Of course, I could be wrong.  I would just like confirmation on whether uploads from RB to Airnav are real-time or 5-min delayed.  And is our LIVE data being used to provide the "Professional" service?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 12:24:05 PM by tarbat »

dudbaker

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »
Hi

I might not pay the subscription when the time comes as I rarely use the Network data.  However, I will continue share data as it does me little or no harm to me.

If Airnav start networking non ADS-B traffic then I would pay.  It is not difficult to see that if 4 boxes can detect an aircraft you have a good idea where it is.  Oh and if it is a rough fix then no need to delay.

Finally, I might pay anyway if I want Airnav to do more R and D.

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]
Valiant, Victor, Shackelton, Canberra, VC10, Tornado Typhoon 737 747 A320 A300 Engineer.

Deadcalm

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »
Final words from me, before the thread is unilaterally locked (which is easy if you don't like what you're reading...)

I'm convinced that there's a degree of smoke and mirrors going on here.  "Making a fuss" is airing legitimate concerns, and if it is uncomfortable, it may be that there is some substance in those concerns.  It would appear, for example, that most of you (including me) don't know whether or not you're transmitting live data - if you are, that opens a whole new world of possibilities...

And, Allocator, If I'd wanted professional equipment, I'd have bought it when I had the opportunity, and yes, I have worked in flight safety, flight investigation and simulation.  You're right, I "bang on" about things that concern me, and for which I don't get satisfactory resolution.  Meek acceptance resolves nothing. (And I don't take your comments personally!).

For those of you who are content with what you have, and continue to pay for the network as it stands, then that's great.  If you want me to shut up, well that's OK, too. I will.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

robbieinderry

• http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »
And is our LIVE data being used to provide the "Professional" service
big question YES or NO or close this thread.
The name is robbie.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
Radio is hobby and one that can bring hours of enjoyment, build friendships and provide an escape from the trials of everyday life.

dudbaker

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
robbieinderry

If Airnav lose money they go out of business and people lose their jobs.  I do not care how they use my data.  I do not think you should order Airnav to close the thread.

However I am pleased to get your data on the occassions I try to track ACA855.  I will be using this flight later in the year.

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]
Valiant, Victor, Shackelton, Canberra, VC10, Tornado Typhoon 737 747 A320 A300 Engineer.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »
First of all from the start we have always said RadarBox is not sending out Live Data, if it was it would not be long before some created there own network or if it was encrypted would not be long before it would unencrypted. (Other than a certain bug that we aware of)

Tarbat making a suggestion like that you need better proof. The RB makes a connection with servers as soon as it logs on to send specific data such as connected time, ip address etc.. and it does then ping the server so we know who is connected. This is not sending ADS-B data.

It seems obvious that a few of you are desperately searching for something to bring us to our knees.

We are getting annoyed but so called theories being pulled out without any proof . We are very open company and the forum proves this as we answer many questions that other companies would just ignore. Furthermore we listen which has been proved by the network price drop and the monthly charges.

BUT we will not stand for damaging rumours which have no proof and just based on theories. This is damaging for our business and for our brand let alone the ADS-B home market.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EK01

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »
Well said, Airnav. Close the thread now as it is starting to get just a bit silly !

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2009, 03:07:37 PM »
Airnav, as I said in my post - "I could be wrong".  I was just trying to understand what extra data was being sent as soon as I plugged in the hardware, data that wasn't being sent without the hardware connected.  If you're stating categorically that data sent to the Airnav servers is 5-minute delayed, that's good enough for me.

I just wonder where all these "Professional" users are going to get their live data from.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:09:56 PM by tarbat »