AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox Network Access Solutions  (Read 35334 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
New RadarBox Network Access Solutions
« on: February 13, 2009, 10:18:55 PM »
We are happy to announce that we have expanded the possibilities for our users to access RadarBox Network Data.

This access is now organized in two different modes, Personal and Professional.
Personal mode has 5 minute delayed data while the newly created Professional mode has real-time data. Both have 2 subscription options, monthly and annually.

We have been approached by several airlines and airport related companies asking to access our ADS-B network data in real-time. Because of this we have created the Professional mode. It is to be used only by professionals. We require a professional user to sign a document stating for what company he/she works and giving details on how the software will be used. This will work exactly as the US/Canadian ASDI Real-time flight data access is authorized.

RadarBox Network Personal:
- Annual - EUR € 59.95 per year
- Monthly - EUR € 7.95 per month

RadarBox Network Professional
Unlimited REAL-TIME Access
- Annual - EUR € 1399.95 per year
- Monthly - EUR € 99.95 per month

All the details available at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/order.html

Please note that Personal access continues to be free for the first year and the annual price is the same. Both option also include unlimited access (absolutely no time restrictions).

As usual any comments are welcome.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: New RadarBox Network Access Solutions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:09 PM »
Well, I'll be first to congratulate Airnav on this excellent response to user feedback.  Not only does it address concerns from users like me that can't justify a full years access, but it opens up the option for those that really need real-time access.

As always, Airnav have proven that they listen to their customers.  Now, roll-on v2.10 ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:28:28 PM by tarbat »

Johnn

• Y'ello
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:48:25 PM »
Hi there, This sounds great!
Can a normal person apply for the 'Pro' Version?
or does it have to be companys etc...?
Johnn
Johnn -

Fenris

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 12:27:41 AM »
More to the point, how to fund it for a normal person :)

"Money, that was the problem. He'd tried everything, he'd even been to the bank. 'Don't be a fool' they said, 'Put that gun down!'"

With apologies to Spike Milligan....

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 04:47:22 AM »
I dont really know what to make of this, and dont misunderstand me, I am very happy for the current situation however, it seems to me that when this professional system is launched we will be working for AIRNAVSYSTEMS using our time, electricity and expertise and then have to pay for using the network. This just seems a bit illogical to me.

I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

cosmoc

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:01:27 AM »
Great stuff airnav

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 09:14:16 AM »
I dont really know what to make of this, and dont misunderstand me, I am very happy for the current situation however, it seems to me that when this professional system is launched we will be working for AIRNAVSYSTEMS using our time, electricity and expertise and then have to pay for using the network. This just seems a bit illogical to me.

I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

Hamish,

It's really a matter of choice :-)

I would like something for nothing - always - but there's no such thing as a free lunch!  These pricing options are very flexible and should meet the need of all users.  You can choose to have access to the Network data, to share, or not to share, so I don't think that you can say fairer than that.  As far as you working for AirNav by supplying data, I look at it from a different perspective - I'm benefiting from the further development of the Network that is bound to be demanded by professional users paying the professional fee.  By paying a nominal fee, I'm able to see exactly what they see with the only disadvantage that the Network data will be delayed by 5 minutes - I can live with that.

Would I pay the professional fee to have access to the live data?  I don't think so, as it isn't going to make that much difference to me when viewing traffic outside my live coverage area.  Would I pay half the cost of the professional fee for live data - no I don't think so either.

I'm sure that AirNav are very happy that we are sharing our data on the Network, but if we stop sharing, do you really think that's going to make much difference?  You could probably cover the whole of the UK with around 10 RadarBoxes - maybe less.

Illogical, no I don't think so - I'm happy :-)

Minou

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 09:27:57 AM »
Pretty cool this one. Just a question: Are these professional subscribers sharing there data with us (with 5-minutes delay of course), or are they just receiving data from the network.
Just a thought.

Boris

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 09:30:25 AM »
If they are using RadarBox, then I guess that they will be sharing data too.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »
And of course, all data is uploaded to the Airnav server in near real-time - every 10 seconds.  So, it's not strictly a real-time service, but a NEAR real-time service.

waddington1

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 09:37:28 AM »
I am very pleased that airnav have put a monthly option in.  My sharing is now back on, I must admit I did miss the full network while I was only just using my box.  I agree with Tarbat   "As always, Airnav have proven that they listen to their customers.  Now, roll-on v2.10 ;)"

Stuart

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 09:47:13 AM »
Hamish,

It's really a matter of choice :-)

I would like something for nothing - always - but there's no such thing as a free lunch!  These pricing options are very flexible and should meet the need of all users.  You can choose to have access to the Network data, to share, or not to share, so I don't think that you can say fairer than that.  As far as you working for AirNav by supplying data, I look at it from a different perspective - I'm benefiting from the further development of the Network that is bound to be demanded by professional users paying the professional fee.  By paying a nominal fee, I'm able to see exactly what they see with the only disadvantage that the Network data will be delayed by 5 minutes - I can live with that.

Would I pay the professional fee to have access to the live data?  I don't think so, as it isn't going to make that much difference to me when viewing traffic outside my live coverage area.  Would I pay half the cost of the professional fee for live data - no I don't think so either.

I'm sure that AirNav are very happy that we are sharing our data on the Network, but if we stop sharing, do you really think that's going to make much difference?  You could probably cover the whole of the UK with around 10 RadarBoxes - maybe less.

Illogical, no I don't think so - I'm happy :-)
[/quote]

I look at it from a different perspective - I'm benefiting from the further development of the Network that is bound to be demanded by professional users paying the professional fee.

Thank you for your thoughts and yes, you have a valid point.

Hamish

jasper37

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 10:01:24 AM »
I love the radar box.....
many thx support for the different options:)

Tramline

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »
Well, I'll be first to congratulate Airnav on this excellent response to user feedback.  Not only does it address concerns from users like me that can't justify a full years access, but it opens up the option for those that really need real-time access.

As always, Airnav have proven that they listen to their customers.  Now, roll-on v2.10 ;)

Chris,

I'm intriqued about your 'monthly' Network requirements. Is this based upon the time off you have per month or based upon 'predicted weather' - i.e blue skies?
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 11:47:44 AM »
Well done Airnav you have given the "amatuer" user a payment  option following the discussions. You listened didn't ignore the thoughts and came up with a soloution I say again well done.  I think in the end we will all benefit from more users being on the system. I also await v 2.10 and all the other versions that hopefully follow on from that one.

I love this device as a plane spotter the hobby has been improved beyond my dreams I'll pay to keep using the Network as I enjoy clicking on my smartview options and seeing aircraft around the world.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.