anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fault?  (Read 4308 times)

Canonjohns40D

Fault?
« on: February 11, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »
Hi Guys just after some guidance. I have been running the radar box 24/7 for a few weeks now and I have to add largely without mishap. I have noted a few times though the hardware connected light changes from green to red. A few twiddles with the usb or anntenna leads seem to restore it.

Today it was running as usual while I was at work. My daughter phoned me to advise "your radarbox is down". In the end she had to log off and and on to restore it for me. When I got in tonight I noted it was down between 10.29am and 14.04 when she restored it.

Is this a fault with one or other of the connections, based on the small outages noted over the past few days, or just one of those things? The cables are normally not touchesd indeed with it running 24/7 the box is hardly touched at all. Any advice welcome.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Kism3t

• Ian Hubbard - Photography
Re: Fault?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
Hi John,

I have had the same thing, loosing connection etc... one day it happened 10+ times wasn't usually that bad though, every now and again it use to disconnect.

I contacted support and they advised me to try a different USB cable, so I popped down to Maplin bought myself a 3M cable and low and behold I haven't had it disconnect since works 100% FANTASTIC!!! also on a plus not I have extended the cable by 1.5M :)

So I would probably try a different USB cable first :)

P.S. Thanks Airnav Support :)

Ian :)

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:15:17 PM »
Thanks Ian

i'll give that a try as it has gone again. Went off at 19.06 just after I went out for a while. I've just restarted it 20.10 having come back into the house. I'll keep an eye on it now as i'm working on the computer for the next couple of hours.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:12:56 PM »
I had no opportunity, due to work to pick up a new USB, however I have one in the house from a fuji camera no longer used. This USB cable itself had hardly ever been used. The fitting on the ex fuji USB will fit the radarbox so would this be ok to use?

John

Kism3t

• Ian Hubbard - Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 09:53:30 PM »
The RB uses USB Mini B like http://www.liquidware.com/system/0000/0016/USBmini_thumb.jpg so if it is that then it will work :) some cameras come with there own type of USB but they shouldn't fit into the RB anyway. So I would say if it fits ok, then you could give that a go :)

Ian

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »
Hi Ian

The ex fuji is the type you refer to and it will fit. I think I'll try it for a short time one to see if cures the problem and two if it does or dosen't work.

John