anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download  (Read 148206 times)

gm7ohq

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2007, 04:52:19 PM »
Hi, I have been using Update 1 over the weekend at a remote location and had excellent results. I was looking forward to getting the 1.2 beta but seems I have fallen foul of the Vista / FTDI issues. All worked well before but now system is unusable. As soon as I plug the Radar Box in it starts the blue USB light flashing but nothing else. Will not respond to Beta 1.2 and seems to have lost my login and password. I suspect the issues are Vista related - running Home edition on a dual core HP Pavillion 9000 series and had great success to date. Any help or udate options to roll back to Patch one would be appreciated.
Firmware update seemed to go ok at one point but now its asking for the Radar Box to be plugged in while it already physically is but not seen logically.
Please help as I miss my box !!!
Regards
Stuart
GM7OHQ

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2007, 04:54:38 PM »
gm7ohq:

Did you install the drivers, what happened? what version is it now?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

gm7ohq

« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
Hi Can no longer see any drivers installed and the airnav radar Box is seen in the Device list as an other device with no drivers installed at Port_#0001.Hub_#0001. Wont install any drivers and drivers are seen as incomplete with missing file.Reading from the Patch folder / drivers. Blue USB light however just continues to flash slowly.
Stuart
GM7OHQ

b744

« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2007, 06:02:17 PM »
Just to update on the problems I had. Drivers now installed correctly and rbox working fine..so far. I am running on vista AND have the sbs drivers installed and sbs running alongside so no conflicts as yet.
A request...as I havent been using the box for many weeks due its problems, I have no real idea what the upgraded functions do. Is there anywhere a laymans guide ? For example, I thought I saw all unknowns are filled in using GAS populate. I have unkowns and cant see a way to update them.
Any pointers or general help much appreciated.
One other point, I have my HOME position but cant center the map on it despite putting the cursor over the position and pressing center map here....what am I doing wrong ?
Thanks in advance

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2007, 09:06:33 PM »
Ok, some of the customers with Vista has resolved there issues. We have seperate driver install which may help you if run into problems with Vista.

DaveG we are still working on yours and walafisch I have been pm all day. But can you confirm once more on the forum the following:

- Version of RadarBox 2007
- Driver Version
- Firmware is RadarBox 2007 folder and you ran it (you may need to restart)
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2007, 09:09:50 PM »
Version OF RadarBox:  1.2
Driver Version:  FTDI 2.4.0.0  (USB Serial Converter)
Firmware:  1.2

Firmware did run okay after doing first update to 1.2 drivers, but did not connect to hardware and firmware file was inside the folder and displayed correct old & new version numbers during process.

Everything else as per this thread and other (Patch 2 DaveG)
Cornwall, UK

Brisbane

« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
Been out and about again. When  I try to open Radarbox, the screen shows Loading Airline database and freezes, therefore I can not access Help file. The following are shown ANRB exe Version 0.0.0.0 7/8/2007, FTD2XX.dll Version 3.1.12.1 27/6/2007, crc.dll Created 2/8/2007, ANRB. elf file Modified 10/9/2007.     

HH

« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2007, 06:46:12 AM »
Hello,

I was able to install the new drivers for the RB by using ftclean and removing the write protection for some ftdi related files in the \system32 directory (on a second PC I did not have to remove the write protection).

Now I have beta V1.2 with firmware 1.2 and the drivers 2.2.4.0 dated 27.6.2007. Finally!

Unfortunately it conflicts with my Garmin GPSMAP. It seems I can either use the RB or my Garmin.

Hope it helps,

Markus

reggierat

« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2007, 07:02:20 AM »
Hi Allocator,
It hasn't been working properly since purchase, running for 20min and crashing started when beta ll was installed.
I have reinstalled drivers but when you look at serial bus controllers the RB has been renamed FTDIFT8U2XX Device.It  appears drivers are loaded  to this.
When you try Firmware updater you get message on screen please connect RB.
I am spending hours on this all for what?
Reggierat

walfisch

« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »
Also I am in such a lost position as "Beta-Tester".  I cannot watch planes since a couple of days and after a lot of direct PN-contacts to the developer team.
Now I wait for the final patch and hope that is there a program that can clean my wrong firmware in the box itself.
So long and good hope.
Walt

HH

« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2007, 02:08:37 PM »
Also I am in such a lost position as "Beta-Tester".  I cannot watch planes since a couple of days and after a lot of direct PN-contacts to the developer team.
Now I wait for the final patch and hope that is there a program that can clean my wrong firmware in the box itself.
So long and good hope.
Walt

Hi walfisch,

did you try ftclean?

Markus

walfisch

« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2007, 08:11:26 PM »
Zum Geier- where is this little tool?
Can you please inform me about that?

Thanks Walt

HH

« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2007, 08:12:41 PM »
Zum Geier- wher is that little tool?
Can you please inform me about that?

Thanks Walt

Hi,

http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm

Markus

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2007, 08:50:15 PM »
Brisbane,

If you are using Vista, make sure you right click on the icon and select run with admin rights, Also let it update the database. Furthermore confirm you have th rb.dll in your folder from the new patch.
[email protected]

Brisbane

« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
I'm running XP. The files I have are 1.01.0, ANRB.elf, ANRB.exe, ANRB old, crc.dll, FTD2xx.dll, unins.000. As I said, the screen freezes at Loading aircraft database.