anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download  (Read 148201 times)

Brisbane

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2007, 10:48:27 PM »
I have been out all day, but I have no SBS or Icom installed. The firmware upgrader box appears in the folder. Most of the FTD files are dated 14th August. Just to refresh your memory, it states that the hardware is not installed when it is. It seems to try to install the new drivers before saying not connected.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2007, 10:52:06 PM »
Start RadarBox 2007, then go to Help -> About, Whats the version?
Go into Devices in control panel, find RadarBox and tell us what version of the drivers it is?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

b744

« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2007, 07:35:11 AM »
Morning support. When you have a vista setup to play with, can you tell me how to get my drivers updated please...see previous mails for what files I have and where ther are.
Many thanks

reggierat

« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2007, 08:21:07 AM »
Bad news ,
Again another load of problems, RB will not run at all. Fails to connect to box and updater comes back with message please connect radar box.
Another complete waste of time.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2007, 08:38:20 AM »
Bad news ,
Again another load of problems, RB will not run at all. Fails to connect to box and updater comes back with message please connect radar box.
Another complete waste of time.

Reggierat, welcome to the Forum, I see that you are new here.

Unlucky - maybe you haven't completed the upgrade correctly.  Beta12 and the new USB drivers are working well on both my desktop and laptop PC's and I'm very pleased with the new functions.

If you want the guys on the forum here to help you, we're going to need a bit more information.

- Did you have RB working OK before?

- What operating system are you using?

- What exactly have you done so far regarding the upgrade?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:51:49 AM by Allocator »

Allocator

« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »
A minor snag with Beta12 which I did experience with an earlier Beta:

- If you have "Share Flight Data" selected in the Preferences menu and you do not have an Internet connection, RB will shut down after about 30 seconds.

- In this case, go to Preferences immediately and deselect "Share Flight Data" and RB will run OK.

- Remember that RB does not "remember" the selection made for "Share Flight Data" when it is shut down, so you will need to manually deselect Share each time you run RB without an Internet connection.

AirNav, I have reported this to AB as a bug.

b744

« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »
Are support US based as they've been very quiet so far. Time difference would explain this of course.
Rgds

Allocator

« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2007, 10:55:58 AM »
I believe that Support is US based, although they do have representatives in Portugal and the UK - but I guess it is the US guys that are best placed to give advice.

reggierat

« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2007, 11:02:43 AM »
ok.
It was working befoe but shutting after 20mins with serious fault.
Using windows XP.
Ihave install update as said but it will not recognise RB in devive managerbut calls in serial usb and will not load drivers.
When you use updater you get message connect RB.
I,ve tried thie on lapand desk computers but it just will not work.

walfisch

« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2007, 11:18:57 AM »
Airnav support. When I start the programm, I can see the map, but no planes, there are no lights (blue or white) flickering.
I make different kind of try's, also Laptop and PC. Vista and XP.
My target is, to reinstall the very early version of the deliverance, because then I have had a well reception.
Buit it really seems. like there ist somethings changed in the Hardware Box. Is there any storage equipment? And how to put all in the early status of the deliverance?
I als lost my original CD, coming with the Box, May be the before stored programm in the folder C.programm files, that I c+p many times is missing some dates. Wher can I get an new one?
Thank you very much for help.
Walt

Allocator

« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2007, 11:38:45 AM »
Hi Reggierat,

As I understand it, you used to be able to run RadarBox for about 20 minutes before a sysmem crash - which version of RB, was it the original version that came on the CD, or was it the Bseta11?

- You then updated the USB drivers - did this appear to work, if not, what problems did you have.

You have to make sure that you are using the correct FTDIBUS.inf and FTDIBUS.sys files for the USB driver upgrade.  If you read back through this forum, you will see that they do not automatically go into the \AirNav RadarBox 2007\Drivers directory

- Now, when you look in the device manager, you do not see AirNav RadarBox in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section.

- Did you attempt the Firmware upgrade?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2007, 11:40:03 AM »
B744:

Just waiting for our hardware guys to get back us, as well as DaveGs issue and see if they are related to Vista.

Allocator:

Thanks for reporting that bug.

reggierat:

You mention it shuts down with a "serious fault". Sounds like you are using 1.1 still. Tell us your RadarBox 2007 version number? Driver Version? and also whether you ran the firmware update. The past posts will indicate how you can get the above details.

walisch:

You cannot go back to version 1 if you try the beta. Can you provide the same detail as I have asked reggierat.
[email protected]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
Update on Beta1.2 Internally:

Some customers have asked me to report back what we have found so far.

So far its been very good, over the last 24hours more than 50% of the customers connected on the network now have version 1.2 beta (we estimate that's over 25 customers now) and other than initial reports of having to change the screen refresh time its been working fine.

Some customers have left comments on the forum regarding having trouble upgrading and then disappeared and this seems likely they have been managed to upgrade and are happy. 

We understand some customers are having trouble with updating either under vista or with other ftdi drivers which we are investigating.

If you do have an issue, Please provide us with your software version, driver version and whether you ran the firmware in your post.

N.B As a cautionary measure untill more is known, do NOT attempt to update the RadarBox firmware if you have not installed the latest driver.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:47:31 AM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

walfisch

« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2007, 12:19:58 PM »
Airnav team: You can confirm, that it is  N O T  possible, after remove all the existing rb- files at the HD, to reinstall the very first version of rb?
Are there any dates that stay in the Hardware Box, and they cannot be delete and remove?
Where can I get a new CD for replace the one I lost, and cannot find anymore?

Thank you.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2007, 12:26:47 PM »
It is possible, however if you have upgraded to Beta 2 then the firmware on RadarBox will not communicate with version 1.

We have sent you instructions to how to get version 1 via pm.
[email protected]