AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download  (Read 148472 times)

palmar

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2007, 08:14:02 PM »
Dave,

have you had SBS-1 or an ICOM radio software installed to your PC? This leaves an FTDI driver installation on the PC that cannot be erased without using THEIR uninstall software (or a Windows reinstall).

DaveG

« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »
Hmm interest Palmar,

I do have an ICOM PCR2500 installed, its still working fine?  do not really wish to unistall it but!!!!
Cornwall, UK

DaveG

« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2007, 08:20:15 PM »
support:

copying the file over to system32/drivers did not help
Cornwall, UK

DaveG

« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2007, 08:34:24 PM »
okay just about tried everything a number of times.  Going to clear out everything once more and start from CD install and work forward again.  back soon.
Cornwall, UK

doro

« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2007, 08:36:37 PM »
Take care there! I'm of for a drink now.

DaveG

« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2007, 08:50:01 PM »
okay back, still no joy.

Let call it a night, I'll have another look tomorrow with a fresh head.

Many thanks to all those for helping tonight :)

Cheers
Dave

Time for some beers and forget about RB ;)
Cornwall, UK

doro

« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2007, 09:05:12 PM »
cheers

Brisbane

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2007, 09:39:21 PM »
I have installed patch 2 as described. When I click on firmware updater i keep getting message please connect radarbox when its already connected.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2007, 09:54:27 PM »
It seems the other customer did have SBS and ICOM radio on his PC as well, so that's DaveG and him though not sure why Doro was affected.

Brisbane:

Firstly is the firmware updater in the RadarBox folder?
Is your version of drivers the latest one?
Do you have a SBS or Icom on your machine installed?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

HH

« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2007, 05:58:54 AM »
Hi all,

after about 21 hours uptime with V 1.2 AirNav Radarbox closed, but this time no crash/ blue screen. I was able to restart the program without any problems.

Markus

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2007, 06:29:32 AM »
AirNav, Dave et al.

In view of the comment re SBS1 I re-checked my Main PC which has SBS1 running and also I connected RadarBox and had that on at the same time. Both working OK, even if a bit sluggish. However, although I had the latest program ARNB12 2007/09/08 shown I rechecked the RB driver version on this PC and it showed 2.0.0.0. I left both devices connected but shut down RB and went to the control panel route to the drivers, selected USB controllers, Airnav and then update drivers. When I used AirNavs "Have disc" it only showed the .INF file. I clicked OK and it then went back to the previous page which listed AirNav as the only option I clicked on it and it gave me a message which I ignored by clicking OK and then seemed to update something.  When I checked back to the details page I have Primetec 27/06/2007 2.2.4.0 installed. I did the obligatory reboot and re-opened RB and all is running OK. Airnav drivers  as quoted above still installed.  I am no computer expert but more by luck than judgement I appear to have it working. It also appears that when I had the crash incidents after I had upgraded the laptop yesterday I had in fact not got the correct drivers, but it still ran !.  Now both PC's are fully up-to-date and my laptop has been on again this morning since 6:00 with no problems.

Airnav, perhaps we need some easy way of checking the Firmware version as well as the program version and driver version separately.

Dave I can't remember exactly what the message I got was but ignoring it was the right option.  Best of luck.  Mike
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:07:17 AM by Roadrunner »

doro

« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2007, 07:36:05 AM »
It seems the other customer did have SBS and ICOM radio on his PC as well, so that's DaveG and him though not sure why Doro was affected.

On one of the two machines I used did have SBS software installed, the SBS hardware was not connected.
The clean install machine that is now running did not have SBS software installed. However, I'm still not sure if initialy not following the firmware migration path via 1.1 to 1.2 had something to do with the clean install machine not running.

Software has been up for about 8 hours, but it jammed changing the colors, so I gave it a kick. Photo download seems the only option not running, but I believe that was already reported.

The rest of the features are great!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:39:19 AM by doro »

Roadrunner

« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2007, 08:32:10 AM »
My laptop ran from 14:30 to 22:40 on Saturday with no problems
This morning from 06:00 to 09:30 (3,000 refresh rate) no problems so now I have it back to 1,000 refresh rate AND network on and will see what occurs - Local picking up 34 flights Network 570, 160-200 messages/Sec ! :-)

b744

« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2007, 10:05:56 AM »
Can I just check before I start any upgrade etc. RB worked prior to any upgrade but with continual connection failures,then I did patch 1 and got the fatal pc crash messages so not used it since. I have vista with sbs installed. Does this sbs cause conflict and prevent me from getting RB to work correctly ??? Dont want to get into anything complicated as I dont have the knowledge to dig myself out of a hole.
Thanks

Roadrunner

« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2007, 11:02:08 AM »
Can I just check before I start any upgrade etc. RB worked prior to any upgrade but with continual connection failures,then I did patch 1 and got the fatal pc crash messages so not used it since. I have vista with sbs installed. Does this sbs cause conflict and prevent me from getting RB to work correctly ??? Dont want to get into anything complicated as I dont have the knowledge to dig myself out of a hole.
Thanks

Hi there,

This morning I had SBS1 running in background while I added the new drivers to my Radarbox configuration. I had no problems associated with it. However, the installation does not go as smoothly as it would appear to do on AirNavs instructions and some people are in trouble (see DaveG,s messages). So if yours ain't working now I think any upgrade would be good - and from experience, mine was crashing like yours and can homestly say tha since I confirmed that my laptop has the correct Firmware, operating program and drivers it has not crashed - see previous threads about tiems etc. It is still running today and has been since 06:00 except for 20 minutes when I connected it to my SBS1 PC to update the AirNav versions on that....