AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download  (Read 148217 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Good News.

The second beta for "AirNav RadarBox 2007" patch is available for download.
This addresses all the reports received from Patch 1 Beta 1 testers. You don't need to have the previously patch installed. We have named this version ANRB 1.2.

Detailed explanation:
In this correction we were specially concerned with the hardware disconnect issue. This involved the development of new drivers for the HW/SW connection and a complete rewrite of the HW/SW communication routines. We also worked on several new features like the new "Vertical Tracking View".

As before we now need your help for feedback and problem reporting / correction.

It is very important that you follow the instructions below. This beta should be used by experienced computer users only. It requires a little bit of knowledge to understand some steps. So if you are a computer "expert" wait a few more days for the final release. You are completely responsible for properly do the steps below including the firmware upgrade. The upgrade steps are not automated now.

1- Download Instructions:

a) Download the new Beta Patch from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/anrbpatch12.zip

b) Extract all these files to your RadarBox root folder (usually "c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007"). Overwrite the existing files.

c) First you need to do the driver update. These new drivers were developed by an external company and have some changes that prevent the Hardware disconnect issues.
They are located in "C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007"
To update them:
 - Go to "Windows Control Panel", "System", "Hardware", "Device Manager";
 - Browse "Universal Serial Bus Controllers";
 - Double Click over "AirNav RadarBox";
 - Go to the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver";
 - Answer "No, not this time";
 - Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)"
 - Select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install";
 - Click "Have Disk";
 - Select the "C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007\Drivers" folder;
 - Click Next and follow the specified instructions.

d) Now you need to update your firmware. We have developed a special application for this purpose. It is called "AirNav RadarBox Firmware Updater".
Run it at:
"C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007\FirmwareUpdater.exe"

e) After the driver and firmware updates above are finished, run AirNav RadarBox as usually.

Welcome to Version 1.2!

Please reply to this forum with comments and suggestions and again.
THIS IS STILL A BETA, so expect to find some problems. We want to hear from you before releasing the final Patch.

prbflight

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 02:59:55 AM »
I downloaded Patch Beta 2 and attempted to install as per your instructions.  There is no way I was able to update the driver.  I kept getting a message saying a file was missing.  I couldn't even get the original drivers to reload.  After six unsuccessful attempts to upgrade the drivers or roll-back to the original drivers I had to do a complete system restore to get back to square one.  I'm sure I followed your installation instructions precisely as laid out.  Is it correct that the extraction of the downloaded zip file was to create a sub folder named ANRBPatch12 in the AirNav RadarBox 2007 folder or was it just supposed to overwrite other files already there?   Please review the instructions and double check.  It may have been my own error.

Paul

daniales

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 04:05:56 AM »
Hi Friends,

The new patch is working very well, and I would like to give my congratulations to Airnav Team who included horizontal screen on it.

Thanks,
Dani Glikmanas

Sao Paulo - Brazil

HH

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:28:00 AM »
IMPORTANT: Update all your old files in the AirNav directory before installing the new beta! See below.

Hello,

I followed your steps as described, but it didn't work.

I have two problems:

I copied the new beta files in the AirNav Directory. Then in Device Manager after choosing "update driver" I was not able to update the driver. Anyway I deinstalled the "AirNav Radarbox", plugged the USB cable off and did a reboot. Then I replugged the USB-cable and after the following USB-installation dialog I was able to update the drivers.
Unfortunately the firmware updating after that hang (yes I had the new drivers installed, because the firmware updating with the old drivers would not start or not get the old firmware version number. With the new drivers it will communicate - at least a bit ;) ).
I tried to start the software, but it couldn't connect to the box.

Solution for me: I copied all the original files back in the directory. Then I deinstalled the "AirNav Radarbox" in the device manager as described above. I unplugged the USB-cable and did a reboot. Now again I installed the USB-drivers, but this time it were the "old" ones (from the backup of the original files) started the program and it worked. So the old is still working this way, but the new beta unfortunately not.

Happy Weekend,

Markus
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 04:55:22 AM by HH »

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 05:20:54 AM »
Hi Friends,

The new patch is working very well, and I would like to give my congratulations to Airnav Team who included horizontal screen on it.

Thanks,
Hi there. Can you confirm what operating system you have XP or Vista.  The reason I ask is the 2 other messages about failures to get the system running but none explain the operating system which could be ? a factor ?

HH

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 05:23:27 AM »
Hi Roadrunner,

XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2 here.

Markus

Roadrunner

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 05:47:00 AM »
Please note even though I asked for the new files to be placed in the airnav 2007 folder it actually put them in a subfolder patch 12 - which meant that unless you noticed this when going through the list of changes you are not actually updating to the new driver. If you are successful in changing the driver the system will tell you you need to reboot.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:05:07 AM by Roadrunner »

HH

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 05:51:36 AM »
Hi all,

finally got it running on a second machine. Same OS though (Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2). Be advised to make a backup of all the files before.

On the second PC (where AirNav was previously installed), I

1. removed the  software
1a. removed all the files in the AirNav directory which were not removed by the uninstall routine
2. removed the "AirNav Radarbox" device in the device manager
3. unplugged the RB USB cable
4. restarted the PC
5. installed the software from the original CD
6. copied the new beta files into the AirNav Directory
7. plugged in the USB RB cable
8. installed the drivers
9. upgraded the firmware (mainly to control if the correct drivers are installed)
10. started the software and

nothing.

I gave it a try and removed the USB-cable and plugged it in again and

it works.

EDIT: I followed the instructions above to try installation on the previous PC where the beta fix failed. But I had problems with installing the drivers (installation hang, I canceled it, unplugged the USB cable and reinstalled the drivers, second time worked).

EDIT: It's now up for 3:10 h - the longest time ever ;) I like the Pan Map with active flight option very much - great work! The vertical tracking view is also a nice feature (now its time for a bigger screen). Unfortunately the photo download doesn't work.

Markus

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:14:58 AM by HH »

Roadrunner

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 06:02:14 AM »
Hi there,

Got the upgrade running and all installed. I note that the lights on the box actually start flashing as soon as you select AirNav Radarbox from the menu, rather than as before, after you click on start. However, having got the system installed and working - and I agree the vertical view is excellent my box has stopped three times, twice while I was trying to change settings (remove vertical view) and the third time while I was moving the mouse around on screen. The first two occurred after 20-30 seconds and the third time after about 60-70 seconds.............

Am watching screen on another PC to see what may be causing the shut downs. What
actually happens is the program shuts instantantaniouls but als restarts just as quick afterwards when using the system start. It also appears to hold the changes I made rather than dumping back to before the failure.
Is showing live data aat 06:00 UTC

UPDATE following the three glitches at the initial use of the update, my PC has now been running since 05:59 UTC (now 0706 UTC) without error.....
I intend leaving it on all day so ...Watch...this...space....

FURTHER UPDATE Knew it would happen - crashed at 07:21 and again at 07:40. Trying with single phot and will then try without photos
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:00:11 AM by Roadrunner »

Roadrunner

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 06:11:10 AM »
AirNav, Not sure whether it is anything, or even correct but can you tell me something. Does the system use a specific browser to contact airliners.net for the pictures?  If so which one.  The reason I ask is that I keep getting Windows Explorer open up while running Radabox, and always open at Airliners.Net, which is annoying as my default browzer is Firefox.  I have to keep closing Windows Explorer to avoid cluttering the desktop.  Could this be confusing radarbox and possibly cause the crashes. Note if it has to use a specific browser - can that be what the user wants?  i.e. do I have to use Windos Explorer (and removed Firefox as an option from my PC)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:53:29 AM »
Beta12 installed OK, a couple of observations that I'll post later as I have to go out now.

However, photo download doesn't seem to be working at all at the moment whatever I have selected in the Preferences section.

Roadrunner

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 09:14:09 AM »
Took dog for walk and came back still running (since 07:41 UTC) but believe it or not it closed itself at 09:11 UTC as I watched. Nothing appeared to happen it just closed back to my desktop....

Roadrunner

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »
I have loaded radarbox onto my main pc, copied all the files to the correct directory and checked that they were there. Went into the update drivers option and when I said I have a disc it only showed an INF file and not the expected SYS file. I rechecked the path (outside the driver progam) and it is there but it will not show in the upgrade driver boxes...... However, I ignored it and carried on with the rest of the upgrade (dont forget that you only need to upgrade the firmware on one machine as it is held on the radarbox itself) and opened radarbox and it all seems to be running OK. I also made sure I only have the one set of drivers for Radarbox - and I have those dated 07/08/07 so I think it is the correct set. Amyway as said, radarbox is running OK at moment. The only problem appears to be no photos being downloaded at present even though I have the "Only 1 photo" option selected - It was working earlier on my laptop.

DaveG

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »
okay need help now :(

Did the update as per first post all went well until Firmware update, it did not work...  So decided to try clean install method (HH post) and again upgrade worked, but firmware is not completing....

When running the firmware file it says

"Opening Radarbox"

then

Version:  1.01.0
Update Version: 1.01.2

But sits there doing nothing and no option in that window for me to do anything!

Help!

Cornwall, UK

Roadrunner

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »
Dave,

It did that with mine but two things to check. Are you getting the height display and what version is actually shown by rb