anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download  (Read 148199 times)

HH

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Available for Download
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 11:19:08 AM »
okay need help now :(

Did the update as per first post all went well until Firmware update, it did not work...  So decided to try clean install method (HH post) and again upgrade worked, but firmware is not completing....

When running the firmware file it says

"Opening Radarbox"

then

Version:  1.01.0
Update Version: 1.01.2

But sits there doing nothing and no option in that window for me to do anything!

Help!

Hi DaveG,

just unplug USB cable, plug in again and run the software. Maybe that helps.

Markus

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 12:37:57 PM »
Hi all,

The photo download feature should be disabled in this version. This is so we can confirm the stability of the software without that and rectify it in the meantime.

From the customers connected to the network I can see about  1/4 are trying the new patch which is good to see.

RoadRunner:

Can you send your elf file to us? I have been reading through your posts but bit confused. Also go into preferences and tell us your screen refresh time as well as your PC specs and average traffic. 

DaveG:

Have you tried running the RadarBox software, what happens then?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 12:58:03 PM »

When running the firmware file it says

"Opening Radarbox"

then

But sits there doing nothing and no option in that window for me to do anything!

Help!

DaveG,

I think that the window with the message:

means that the Firmware has been upgraded from 1.01.0 to 1.01.2 because mine did exactly the same.  It is a bit worrying because there is no "update successful" message, or even a "close" button, just the Windows "X" to shut the window.

AirNav, is there any way of telling what the version of the Firware is and if the update has been completed successfully?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 01:01:18 PM »
Not in the Beta, this is all temporary untill the patch is released which will not require these steps to be done manually.
[email protected]

Harry

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »
Hi All,

Have been running for more then a hour now. That didn't happen before!! Thanks Air Nav.

Now I have played a bit with the RB I noticed that when I change the colors of the labels of the planes on the screen the changes are lost after a restart of the program.

Harry.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »
Harry:

Good to hear, keep us updated. You need to save the label colours and then import them if you use the software again. In future version it will remember your last setting.
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 01:34:44 PM »
Hi all,

The photo download feature should be disabled in this version. This is so we can confirm the stability of the software without that and rectify it in the meantime.

From the customers connected to the network I can see about  1/4 are trying the new patch which is good to see.

RoadRunner:

Can you send your elf file to us? I have been reading through your posts but bit confused. Also go into preferences and tell us your screen refresh time as well as your PC specs and average traffic. 

After one of the crashes this morning I completely uninstalled the files and started with a new sheet. Unfortunately I did not copy the ANRB.elf file so have not got one that shows this mornings troubles after the upgrade. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite Pro 100 with 786 RAM and 80gb hard drive. Wi-Fi connection to Virgin+ 20mb Broadband. Refresh rate is as per standard and was showing 60 -70 aircraft at a time. I have 30 sec timeout 60 sec hide. I have the latest upgrade all working now and have had the pc running with it for about 80 minutes now without a problem, however traffic levels with the pc in the lounge with me are 15-20 aircraft and peaking at 70messages a second.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 01:40:59 PM »
Hi Roadrunner,

Ok thanks, the hardware issue seems to be resolved so any further issues will be based in the software and the elfs files can lead us to problem quickly to sort it out. The browser issue you mentioned before was rectified in 1.1 so that it would load up your default browser.

All:

If you find your CPU level is quite high or occasions where it might just crash to the desktop. Go into preferences and change your Screen Refresh Time to a higher number as you may have all the settings on and getting high level of traffic which your computer may have trouble keeping up with it. Changing the time will be barely noticeable to yourself however will save a lot of CPU time.
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 02:14:14 PM »
AirNav,

The Network Data Timout and Hide function does not appear to be working.  For testing I have set the Timout to 1 sec and Hide to 5 sec, but I still have approx 10 aircraft "hovering" around EGCC.  The aircraft are just not timing out so they will not hide.

I have been testing an alternative Beta provided by AB with the Network Timout/Hide function and this worked exceptionally well.  This has been reported to Support via AB in a separate email.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 02:17:39 PM »
Thanks Allocator,

There may be a mixup in versions here across the network and what data they are sending. As customers using version 1 1.1, 1.2. I can see what you mean looking at Glasgow.
[email protected]

doro

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »
Hi there, a small problem here. Followed instructions, all appears OK. Hardware connected green. But no flights at all are be detected by the box (Yes, I ticked the process hardware flights ;) ). Now and then the left blue light blinks.

I did perform the firmware upgrade, but when I did I notices that it said:
Version 0.91.0

I will rerun this upgrade and leave it on that screen for half an hour before ticking the red X.

Please advice how I can verify that the hardware upgrade was (un)succesfull.

Software looks great!

Ronald

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:39:36 PM by doro »

Allocator

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 02:42:07 PM »
Hi there, a small problem here. Followed instructions, all appears OK. Hardware connected green. But no flights at all are be detected by the box (Yes, I ticked the process hardware flights ;) ). Now and then the left blue light blinks.

I did perform the firmware upgrade, but when I did I notices that it said:
Version 0.91.0

I will rerun this upgrade and leave it on that screen for half an hour before ticking the red X.

Please advice how I can verify that the hardware upgrade was (un)succesfull.

Software looks great!

Ronald

doro,

I had the same problem with the hardware not being detected.

I had to shut down RB, unplug the box, plug it in again and then run RB.  The box was then detected and I got the Hardware flights.

HH

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 02:56:45 PM »
Hi all,

8 hours up now with nearly no problems.

The only thing I observed is that I can't change the size of the Radarbox Interface window any more (the double-headed arrow is gone).

The system load of the ANRB.exe is sometimes a bit high (up to 70-80% but very volatile with a range of 2-90%) with 1000 ms refresh rate, but no crash until now (no other software running on laptop Pentium M 1,4 GHz, 512 MB RAM). I disabled the network function.

One more thing I have observed is that it's not possible to create a new filter.

Markus

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 02:58:27 PM »
Hi Roadrunner,

Ok thanks, the hardware issue seems to be resolved so any further issues will be based in the software and the elfs files can lead us to problem quickly to sort it out. The browser issue you mentioned before was rectified in 1.1 so that it would load up your default browser.

All:

If you find your CPU level is quite high or occasions where it might just crash to the desktop. Go into preferences and change your Screen Refresh Time to a higher number as you may have all the settings on and getting high level of traffic which your computer may have trouble keeping up with it. Changing the time will be barely noticeable to yourself however will save a lot of CPU time.

After 2 hours of successfully running the program on the laptop in the lounge I have moved it back into my den and immediately picking up 55-60 aircraft. This has sent the rate up to 190-200 messages a second, even with the refresh rate turned down to 3000 but I will see how long it stays connected. Also when I moved the laptop  checked to see what the .elf file had logged for the most recent session but could not find a file with that suffix in the AirNav 2007 folder.

doro

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 03:02:48 PM »

"I had the same problem with the hardware not being detected."
I had to shut down RB, unplug the box, plug it in again and then run RB.  The box was then detected and I got the Hardware flights."

I did that, the connected sign is green, but no flights are detected by the box (right blue led). I'm close to the field and have good reception.