AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox (possible new user)  (Read 18668 times)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
Re: Radarbox (possible new user)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »
Tarbat,

The link for the Y adaptor is dead.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 09:35:55 AM »
http://mode-s.66ghz.com/

Beta testing was successful, but you'll need to develop your own program to read the real-time UDP stream and decode it - good luck!!!

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »
http://mode-s.66ghz.com/

Beta testing was successful, but you'll need to develop your own program to read the real-time UDP stream and decode it - good luck!!!

I'm afraid I'll have to leave that to someone else. :-(

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

Fenris

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 10:29:27 PM »
Again Andy, thanks, so how does a 5 minute delay get imposed, in the programming of the chips in the hardware, or in the software being used to access the data?   Can this delay be superimposed retrospectively and is it possible to circumvent it?

Clearly it's a software function, hence the statement that V2.1 will restore the delay which isn't present in the current release.

How to circumvent it?  Well, upgrading to the new version won't be compulsory, so don't ...

You get to choose which bugs you want!

Now, does this mean that 2.1 will upset the interface with Squawkbox for local flights?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 10:30:56 PM »
Yes, since Squawkbox uses port 30003, it will also be 5-minute delayed with v2.1

jgrloit

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 11:43:21 PM »
Having just watched Squarkbox, for the first time, and noticed the lack of some traffic - being that without positional information.
I wonder if AirNav would be willing, in a future release, to give squark type flight data for ALL flights, without delay, or position on  another port??
This could then include military flights, and others flying without ADS-B enabled.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 12:28:04 AM »
This has been requested jgrliot and we hope to do just that.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 09:31:12 AM »
I don't want to drag out the debate about having live data delayed but I would like to make the point that my sole reason for buying RB was so that I could see aircraft live as stated in this paragraph on this site:

AirNav RadarBox is the closest you can be to real world aviation without leaving your chair thanks to next generation Radar decoding. By decoding ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast) radar signals, you will be able to see on your computer what real Air Traffic Controllers see on their screens in Real-Time.

Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 10:09:50 AM »
Live data is not going to be delayed - it is the data flow from port 30003 that will be delayed.  Do you actually use any utilities that use port 30003?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
This has been requested jgrliot and we hope to do just that.

Can you confirm that the port 30003 output in V2.1 will be fully compatible with the SBS interface that it's supposedly emulating - i.e. with the various MSG types (1 to 8) containing the same range of data items, including those for non-ADS-B aircraft ?

So MSG Type 6, for example, would contain the squawk, subject of course to the 5-minute delay.

It would greatly help third-party application developers if there was a common API to program against.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »
Live data is not going to be delayed - it is the data flow from port 30003 that will be delayed.  Do you actually use any utilities that use port 30003?

Yes, I feed the data from that port to PlanePlotter, as increasing numbers of RB users are doing.
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »

Yes, I feed the data from that port to PlanePlotter, as increasing numbers of RB users are doing.

As do I, but you can't expect AirNav to write their software to support PlanePlotter.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 09:36:45 AM »
Although, to be fair, Airnav did say they intended the port 30003 to emulate that available from SBS-1 Basestation, albeit with a 5-minute delay.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »
Although, to be fair, Airnav did say they intended the port 30003 to emulate that available from SBS-1 Basestation, albeit with a 5-minute delay.

Yes, that's precisely the point.

So far, neither the delay or the emulation is working as advertised  :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour