anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: loss of users Account Renewal  (Read 19943 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: loss of users Account Renewal
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
I, for one, won't be sharing so frequently on the Radarbox network.  I have a couple of reasons.

1. The network is of little use to me.  You've only got to look at the sharers map to see why:

2. I currently have my PC turned on all day, constantly sharing to both the Radarbox and Planeplotter networks.  To save money, I'll be putting the PC into standby whenever I can.  So I won't be sharing then.

So, sorry to anyone that needed coverage across Scotland, although I'm sure it's only a matter of time before others in Scotland buy a Radarbox.

davec

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
hi,
i understand where Tarbat is comming from , however i am in central scotland and cover a large area of scotland, the track sysrem dictates that most of our traffic comes from the south-south east, so everything i get tracks up your way,so my point is 2-3 boxes would cover all of scotland, your point about sharers doesnt make sense.
as regards about florida, i agree about coverage but you could have 100 boxes in that are but untill they start to use adsb fully it will not have an impact at all,also i go back to the money ..........they say the scots are tight with there cash come one , i spent 40 qiud on a round of drinks in george st last night,and regards to using up pc capacity is nonsence, i had a look at plane plotter didnt like it at all i dont think there is any comparison even if it is free,i have been with airnav since the early days of acars and i think we have to show some support to these ground breaking developments that aid our hobbies

regrds davec

EK01

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2009, 02:48:43 PM »
davec,

Well said. I also stay in Central Scotland therefore you and I, at least, will be providing coverage over the busiest area of the country !

davec

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »
hi eko1
thank you
davec

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2009, 03:36:07 PM »
EK01, davec.  Do you cover the north and west - Orkney, Shetland, Lewis, Harris, etc.  That's the area that I really need covering, to fill-in a blind-spot I have due to Knockshortie Hill.  I've never seen these areas covered on the RB network.

davec

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2009, 03:48:39 PM »
Hi tarbat,
i have coverage 200 miles central scotland,like today there is very little traffic north of perth due to the oceanic tracks .....track alpha is dogal , due to scotland being mostly mountains we will always have problems, but even a little coverage helps, i have a problem with the pentland hills , but its still as good as vhf- i havespent a lot of time figering out about areials, even local traffic is way down since last year, last 2 years ago i could get nearly 1400 flts a day , however its down to 4-500 on a weekday.
hope this helps
regards davec

davec

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »
Hi tarbat,
until we have some one up there which is nw approaches we will have to put up with it
davec

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
i have coverage 200 miles central scotland,like today there is very little traffic north of perth due to the oceanic tracks

Strange.  I'm seeing a regular flow of traffic heading NNW, heading over Stornoway and beyond - on the Planeplotter network.

As you say, due to the mountains in Scotland we probably need more sharers in Scotland to adequately cover, particularly in the Highlands & Islands.  It's okay on the Planeplotter network, there's people regularly sharing in Inverness and Stornoway.

EK01

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »
Hi Tarbat,

My coverage is just the same as that of davec. I am just using the standard twig which comes with the RB. Today seems to be particularly bad. I am looking to purchase the BS 1100 and along with 10m Westflex cable install it in the loft. Hopefully this will improve things but not sure if it will pick up Orkney, Shetland, etc. Any ideas on this .

Cheers.

davec

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2009, 04:15:10 PM »
 HI Tarbat,
 i have5 tracks as of sbs and rb, i will not have that the tracks you are talking about as i dont use plane plotter, i wasnt aware that there was that many avation buffs up in inverness etc, just checking your jpg thats the same as i have when they passed tla enroute north regards davec