AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: loss of users Account Renewal  (Read 19940 times)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
Re: loss of users Account Renewal
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 01:44:13 PM »
You will see i am only a "month old" member.

Blimey, RB users are getting younger. :o))
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

cq59

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
Thanks what a clanger (71 years old) ah well its called command of the english language

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »
Thanks what a clanger (71 years old) ah well its called command of the english language

Never mind CQ. You're just a year older than me :-)

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

Fenris

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
Could not agree more, I cannot believe people are trying to badger Air Nav to drop the price even lower. I mean, its less than £1 per week, 15 p per day, what can you get for that these days , nowt !!.

Well I for one am not badgering Airnav to drop the price.  If you use the network regularly, then it's good value for money.  I'd happily pay the 15p per day, on the occasional day that I want network access.  It's paying £50 for a whole year, when I know I won't use it for 98% of the time, that I have a problem with.

If I can't pay per day/week, then I'll use airnavlive.com and Planeplotter for the odd occasion that I need extended range.

So actually Tarbat, a sort of Pay As You Go approach would work for you, you add credit and then it drops when you enable the network with some minimum usage amount. Shouldn't be too hard to code that if the original intention was to have 30mins credit per hour of sharing.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I'd like, but I'm not sure Airnav will want to implement that level of complexity.  I'd much rather Airnav concentrate their efforts on fixing the missing Flight IDs on regional airlines such as Loganair.

Fenris

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 04:34:24 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I'd like, but I'm not sure Airnav will want to implement that level of complexity.  I'd much rather Airnav concentrate their efforts on fixing the missing Flight IDs on regional airlines such as Loganair.

Indeed, but as a medium term option it would help people whose network usage is relatively low.

As for the other issue, is this the same sort of thing that causes Flybe aircraft to all be shown as ... despite their photos and routes appearing correctly?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »
No, thats a different problem.  The problem I'm describing is where a lot of aircraft don't display their Flight ID, and so logos aren't displayed, route lookup can't take place, etc.  Described at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1372.0

I guess what I'm saying to Airnav is - fix the bugs before worrying about different network pricing models.

Deadcalm

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
Yes, I've alluded to that in this and another thread.  Personally, I think the bugs should be fixed before charging anyone a further full year's network subscription, particularly those issues which affect the network (route drop out, etc.). Is there any possibility of this, I wonder?

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

woodpecker

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 01:04:48 AM »
I've just come to the forum and found this thread, I came here because I've noticed that whoever was sharing in Florida seems to have stopped, not seen a single flight anywhere over Florida for 2 days now, clearly users are dropping off the network.

I subscribe to Live Flight Tracker which IMHO offers far better value for money, on live flight tracker North America is lit up like a Christmas tree, on radar box network there's only a few clusters near major cities.

I understand there is a cost for running the service, but it is the users that supply the data, if the users don't supply the data anymore there will be no network, no one will pay and Radar Box loses the main advantage it has over the competition.

Personally I think the price is too high, data is provided by the goodwill of the users, using their electricity and bandwidth, its not just Airnav paying bills to keep the network up. Due to the current lack of traffic on the network I wouldn't pay for it, I would just use live flight tracker instead.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 01:10:26 AM »
Woodpecker:

"clearly users are dropping off the network. "

As you know we are totally transparent company. We have online, accessible to anyone, the number of users on our network. Just check the link below. Contrary to what you say the number of sharers is growing week after week and we expect to reach 500 simultaneously in 1 year.

Online H24 Network Statistics:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/network.php

Regarding the price: 5 EUR/month is very low amount by any point of view. It l16 cents of EUR per day. Anyway for users that complained that they have to pay for an entire year and only use it a few month we have just released a new pricing solution.

Read below:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2160.0

We will do anything we can to improve the quality of our services and to listen to users suggestions and this new network structure shows it.

woodpecker

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 01:22:53 AM »
You may be growing numbers but that is no use if they are all in the major cities, take a look at Florida, there is not a single flight now (same in many other states), we like to track flights in and out of KMCO, cannot do it on radar box network now, a user or users have dropped from the network which has reduced its coverage.

Your statistic of number of users is meaningless, it needs to be a statistic of geographic coverage, this is reducing and this is the issue. I wouldn't pay 5 euro for the current geographic coverage, its a value for money issue, live flight tracker is good value for money, radar box network is not, IMHO.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 01:37:52 AM »
Hi again

"its a value for money issue, live flight tracker is good value for money, radar box network is not"

It depends for which purpose you are using each application. If in the US/Canada AirNav Live Flight Tracker is better (for now since ADS-B is not widely used in these area), if outside then RadarBox is much better.

woodpecker

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
I am in the UK but we like to track flights worldwide, reading some of the posts about this in here it seems that some of the people who will not be paying will also not be sharing data any more, I think you are in a difficult position with this, some users will be happy with it, some will be alienated, if too many drop from the network in areas with limited coverage it will be worthless and will de-value the whole product.

It's analogous to a cellular network, if the geographic coverage is poor no one will use the network, in this case though you are relying on the people you are charging to build your network.

Markus48

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 01:11:24 PM »
 Agreed Wood,I share my data 24/7 SW of Philadelphia USA but
when my network time runs out so will my shared data.
 I have enough to keep busy anyway without network stuff so will
rely on other sources for updated info.

Mark

Deadcalm

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2009, 01:31:03 PM »
Allocator, reference your cups of coffee analogy, you only buy your coffee as and when you feel like one.  If you bought a year's worth at two a month in advance, and only drank half a dozen or so, you may well not be so keen to make that comparison!

DC
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:33:39 PM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...