anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: loss of users Account Renewal  (Read 19936 times)

robbieinderry

• http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
loss of users Account Renewal
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:47:55 AM »
i agree with a lot that has been said about the cost of Airnav account it to costly,
and with the credit crunch its not on,and i have notice we have lost a lot of users,
if we all switch off the sharing, airnav they would have to bring the price down,
planeplotter is a good alternative.
i am still free for 11 months but i have switch of my sharing,
i hope i do not annoy anybody but it has to be said.
bobby
The name is robbie.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
Radio is hobby and one that can bring hours of enjoyment, build friendships and provide an escape from the trials of everyday life.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: loss of users Account Renewal
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:22 AM »
How do you work out that we have lost a lot of users?

You say that the AirNav Network cost is too expensive, but people will still spend money on alcohol, cigarettes, sweets, newspapers, coffee, mobile phones etc - have you ever added up how much these cost over a year!  If I buy 2 cups of coffee from Starbucks in a month, then already I've spent more than the cost of my Network subscription :-)

I get much more enjoyment from my RB than I do from 2 cups of coffee - looks like the coffee may have to stop!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:46:10 AM »
Well, I'm still sharing even though my account has expired.  Although I see that the number of sharers is down a bit - the maximum in the last 24 hours was 189 sharers.  It does seem unfair to me though that people can download network aircraft but can still turn off sharing.

I do hope we all keep sharing.  Surely, if we want Airnav to develop Radarbox further, they'll need a steady income stream to fund the development.  Or don't we want v2.1?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:36:50 AM by tarbat »

waddington1

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:34:58 AM »
Well I am still annoyed about the fact that I have been sharing 24 7 thinking that I was getting credit.  As I said last week I do feel mean about not sharing,  I am now sharing 24 7 on Planeplotter. 

Stuart

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 08:59:38 AM »
Ok lets explain a few things before the minority (yes they are a minority) speak beyond the majority.

1.) Since the Network Subscriptions have started in Septemeber this year the amount of customers who have been renewing has passed our expectations. Our expectations were set lower as few people in this forum who are commenting now predicted no one would buy etc.. Well infact thats not been the case and people are still sharing etc... So we are not worried by the threat of a decline of sharers or customers using the network.

2.) The cost of the network was brough down considerbly, we listened to customers and we wiped off more than 50% of the price which is massive. How many other companies would do this? The price now per year is around £50 which is very little per day. Stuart I assume the only way you will be happy is if its free and thats not going to happen as there is large cost assiocated with having servers to cope with the load.

3.) Planeplotter gets mentioned a lot, and yes you can compare the techincal aspects and say guys can you do this, add this etc.. but when it comes to cost you cannot compare the two. Why? :
Is Planeplotter a proper company (would you get a refund through proper measures and get charged properly etc.), does it have assiocations with the (FAA, CAA etc..).. Planeplotter in that case can loose its network very quickly if the authorities clamp down. There is less risk with us.

To end it off, this is a simple case of the customer wanting everything and more for free. That sounds good for the customers but its not feasible and we would not be around too much longer if thats way things head.

These posts as mentioned above are more of case to try and pressure us to change, I am sorry folks but its handfull here against hundreds who have renewed and emailed us to say great work etc..
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:53 AM »
To end it off, this is a simple case of the customer wanting everything and more for free. That sounds good for the customers but its not feasible and we would not be around too much longer if thats way things head.

I would be happier with an alternative to the annual subscription.  For 98% of the time, I don't want network access.  I'd be happier if I could "pay-per-view", and just pay for a days use, for example.  It's the "all or nothing" approach that has stopped me renewing my subscription.  £50 is a lot of money to pay out in one go when you're on a fixed pension and interest rates approach 0%  :(
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:07:43 AM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 09:16:39 AM »
Thats fair enough, we will look into that again regarding a monthly fee.
[email protected]

waddington1

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »
Hi Airnav, you have me wrong; I think your product is very good.  I do understand that your development of the software and servers all come at a cost.  It was just a shock to find out that I was not getting credit for sharing.

stuart

waddington1

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:24:37 AM »
A Monthly fee sounds like a good idea; on another thought how long is the warranty on the Radarbox for.

Thanks

Stuart

robbieinderry

• http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 09:28:04 AM »
Ok lets explain a few things before the minority (yes they are a minority) speak beyond the majority.

1.) Since the Network Subscriptions have started in Septemeber this year the amount of customers who have been renewing has passed our expectations. Our expectations were set lower as few people in this forum who are commenting now predicted no one would buy etc.. Well infact thats not been the case and people are still sharing etc... So we are not worried by the threat of a decline of sharers or customers using the network.

passed our expectations thats a great statement.what does that mean your going to lower your profit.??
The name is robbie.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
Radio is hobby and one that can bring hours of enjoyment, build friendships and provide an escape from the trials of everyday life.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »
on another thought how long is the warranty on the Radarbox for.

Two years.  See the warranty thread - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1648.msg12928#msg12928

bratters

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 10:36:12 AM »
[
I would be happier with an alternative to the annual subscription.  For 98% of the time, I don't want network access.  I'd be happier if I could "pay-per-view", and just pay for a days use, for example.  It's the "all or nothing" approach that has stopped me renewing my subscription.  £50 is a lot of money to pay out in one go when you're on a fixed pension and interest rates approach 0%  :(

Boy oh boy, you can say that again Tarbat. My monthly investment income return has dropped by 2/3 in three months!! Suddenly even £50 needs serious consideration.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Warranty is 2 years, we are looking into the monthly cost seriously but please note to be the monthly cost will be slightly more than an annual subscription if we choose to add it.

robbieinderry not sure whether you mean that in a bad way or a good way. Whatever way we won't discuss bussiness isues like that. Also as the credit crunch hits individuals it also hits companies, please bear that in mind as well.
[email protected]

bratters

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55:03 AM »

Surely, if we want Airnav to develop Radarbox further, they'll need a steady income stream to fund the development.  Or don't we want v2.1?

Non sequitur that tarbat.  R & D isn't funded by some hypothetical, if & maybe, come and go revenue stream. R&D is your baseline investment into your product, and the costs are re-couped by the sales.

When we pay £400 for RB we aren't paying for the hardware - if the box itself costs £20 I'd be surprised. We're paying for the software which Airnav developed and, at the same time, funding future research.

Bit like Microsoft - when you buy Windows XP, it's a helluva lot to pay for a little disc. It's what's on it you pay for.

The Network running costs may well be funded by £50 per month contributions - I don't know - but that cash flow, nice as it is, won't be paying the real product development costs.

waddington1

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55:46 AM »
Thanks Tarbat I just wanted to check.  That’s why I think paying monthly would be better; the worse case would be paying for a year then having your Radarbox break.

Stuart