anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Allo Allo  (Read 16091 times)

konsult

Re: Allo Allo
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »
Hi, I'm running the Flygradar.nu page.

We are running a network of SBS-1 with own software. Some of the radars are older SBS-1 connected to a computer with USB, and some of the radars are the new version SBS-1e connected directly through internet to our server.

If you have any more questions or want to connect to our network, please contact me.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 09:02:49 AM by konsult »

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »
Hi Tallyho
Yes, I agree, a lot of what I mentioned comes as standard with various web hosting services. The point Allocator was raising though was whether we could all view our RadarBox output on Google Maps and I expect he meant being able to do so without us all having to set up our own web servers.

I've done all this already, setting up a database driven website that is. As an exercise I created a website that grabs METAR/TAF data for various countries and displays it as a self-updating weather forecasting site. It uses Perl, PHP, MySQL and Microsoft IIS.

As for relaying "live" RadarBox data into Google Earth, my program SquawkBox already does that. http://www.gfrost.co.uk/SquawkBox/.

Konsult, great job! great site!

Tallyho

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:27 AM »
Ooops Sorry Andy I didn't realise you were the author of SquawkBox... I wasn't trying to teach you to suck eggs :o)

It would appear people are now coming up with their own ways of getting access to live network data.

For my part I get and share mine via the PlanePlotter network which has seen a big jump in contributors in recent months.

I obviously continue to share my live data also on the RB network.

Tallyho

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Andy I have sent you a Personal Message on this subject please read.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »
I have a similar process running at the moment that shows all flights in Google Earth - link is http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/google_radarbox.kml

Just open in Google Earth.  Happy to explain how I do this if anyone is interested.

Sorry, I've had to close this down due to multiple-connections abuse from IP address 78.148.13.141

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 02:10:18 PM »
I have a similar process running at the moment that shows all flights in Google Earth - link is http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/google_radarbox.kml

Just open in Google Earth.  Happy to explain how I do this if anyone is interested.

Sorry, I've had to close this down due to multiple-connections abuse from IP address 78.148.13.141

Hmmm... interesting.  I guess that you've done the RIPE lookup?

http://www.db.ripe.net/whois?form_type=simple&full_query_string=&searchtext=78.148.13.141&do_search=Search

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 02:14:50 PM »
Yes, I did the lookup on samspade - http://samspade.org/whois/78.148.13.141
Someone using an ISP (Opal Telecom) in Manchester I guess.  At one point that IP address had 9 connections to my port 4181, which helps to illustrate the potential problem of these "private" sharing networks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 02:16:47 PM by tarbat »

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 11:39:29 AM »
Tallyho, yes, no problem, discussing how to set up database driven websites here does at least let others know how they work and how much work is involved.

Oh and many thanks for discovering that the WATCH_LIVE_FLIGHTS.kml I'd used in the SquawkBox archive was actually pointing at the old Live_update.kml rather than the new ~temp.kml (I changed the name because users were clicking on Live_update.kml instead of WATCH_LIVE_FLIGHTS.kml). I've updated the zip archive on the website www.gfrost.co.uk/SquawkBox/ accordingly. This change should occur automatically for people that already had the program installed. You should be able to see "live" flights in Google Earth now with the help of SquawkBox.

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 02:07:16 AM »
Hi konsult,

Are you still there ?

What happened with Your offear of contibuting to tour network with SBS-1 messages ..?

Did the team regret of the offiaring ?
Can You email-me ?

Best regards - juan