AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Allo Allo  (Read 16088 times)

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
Re: Allo Allo
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 07:12:45 PM »
Allocator, I'll have a look into it.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »
Most likely a private network of SBS-1s using SBSNetPro.

Or a private MapModeS network :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 07:33:22 PM »

Yes, I think thats what I probably meant!!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »
Most likely a private network of SBS-1s using SBSNetPro.

Is that "Private" spelt "Illegal" - aghhh... I can't believe I said that - don't anybody answer this - it's a joke :-)

Deadcalm

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 08:27:04 PM »
"There is no upgrade free."

That must be AirNav's best one yet.  I did have a little chuckle!

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
We blame the snow in the UK for that mistake :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 09:34:15 PM »
We blame the snow in the UK for that mistake :)

Yes, it's the wrong king again....

Deadcalm

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 09:19:26 AM »
This is becoming more like an episode of 'Allo, 'allo...
Suspiciously like the title of the thread - or was that the intention??

DC
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:21:28 AM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »
Going back again to the subject of the original post by Hamish...

I have learnt a little more about the real-time Google Maps display. If from the original link posted by Hamish you click on the button "Flygradar.nu" you get a page, in Swedish, explaining a bit more about the site. The paragraph under the heading Information hur flygradarn fungerar ("Information on how the flight radar works") reads...

"The flight radar that flygradar.nu uses is in fact not a real radar of the type that is used by air traffic control, but several radio receivers that receive the actual positions of aircraft that are equipt with Mode-S/ADS-B transponders which send out their positions. Flygradar.nu receives these signals from 10 or so receivers around Scandinavia."

Reading further on their forum (in Swedish, http://www.reseforum.se/forum/flygradar/ ) it becomes clear that the "receivers" they mention above are SBS-1 BaseStations. They are connected in a network using the SBS-1 Ethernet modification as described on http://jetvision.de/multiem.shtml. So Tarbat was quite right, it is a private network of SBS-1s.

bratters

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »
Sounds very much like a Jacars/Posfix set up where Jacars provides the SBS signals which are then plotted by Posfix on any map of your choice or design.

You're dependant on others providing live signals of course, much as with our Network,  however before I got RB I used that system to give me coverage of Manchester, Liverpool and Heathrow airports.

Flights could tracked right down to landing at EGLL - and they were of course live.
(Didn't cost anything either - all free downloads!)

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 05:57:07 PM »
Cheers Andy, well I got my RB today and am already picking up loads of flights around southern Scandinavia now I just need go go and buy a laptop tomorrow and then have a little drive around to test the antenna...

I use a Uniden USC230 scanner with a Scanmaster antenna for the voice coms.
The RB and 230 together are a good combination.

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 07:17:35 PM »
Just to answer the point raised by Allocator as to whether we could all use Google Maps to view our flights output by RadarBox. After an investigation unfortunately it would seem not. Google Maps take their input from a web source, never locally. So there would have to be some way to continually update a file on the net with aircraft positions. Google Earth on the other hand can work on local files.

Despite this I was interested to see that you can load a Google Earth kml file straight into Google Maps by entering something like http://maps.google.com/maps?q=<url of a Google Earth kml file> e.g. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://www.gfrost.co.uk/SquawkBox/Live_view_example.kml. Again though the kml files need to be on the web, and can't be local.

I can see the point made by Allocator that Google Maps produces a "cleaner" view. What I like about Google Earth though is the real 3D experience with the ability to change the altitude and tilt the view so that you can get in among the flights yourself, watch them pass you by, ride on the back of them etc.

Moving on to the flygradar.nu site discovered by Hamish, it appears that the site is a PHP driven database site. That is, the data from several SBS-1s is getting written to a database (e.g. mySQL) and then retrieved and displayed from a PHP webpage that automatically updates itself every 20 seconds. To have that working at home from your own RadarBox you would need:
1) PHP installed.
2) MySQL installed.
3) A web publishing service like Microsoft's IIS or Apache.
4) A key from Google Maps.
5) ..and not least, software running that could read the port 30003 data from RadarBox and put it in the database.

Quite a package.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »
Hi Hamish and all, I've just come back from the "Dark" side and have to say how glad I am that I went for RB - is this how the SBS display always looks or can it be resolved instead of just being a confused splodge, just love the shape of the aircraft as well!

ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Tallyho

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 08:38:41 PM »
Hi Andy
if you go with a web hosting service most of what your list is usually supplied as standard by the provider, all you have to do then is to publish your "live" RB or SBS or PlanePlotter data into the database at regular intervals which is very easy to do.
The clever bit obviously is writing the KML/Google Maps/Google Earth interface to the database but there are API's from Google to allow you to do this quite easily with php etc.
I have done this for owners who use my aircraft booking website, they can record there aircraft flights or see where there aircraft is now or it's last known position, provided of course they have an ADS-B out transponder fitted.

If you just want to do this locally on your machine then just load apache webserver, load mysql, load php using the wizards supplied and use http://localhost...

I am sure it is not beyond the capabilities of someone on this forum to come up with Google Earth interface to live RadarBox data.

However I have just heard that out port 30003 live output is about to have the dreaded 5 minute delay put on it for "legal" reasons, which will soon put and end to the "live" part of the above interface.
That will be a shame as that will be one advantage SBS (and PP) users have over us RB users (access to live data).

Ho Hum

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 12:22:31 AM »
Hi People

Yeap ! For me, all this is not so simple, as I do not write codes....
But if someone can "collaborate" with this....
I can put on the inernet someting like this very quickly.

At this time I am only able to stream live data from RadarBox video and audio from a scanner using WME... It does not envolve scripting, writing codes....

See at http://www.maquinasvoadoras.com.br
Choose RADAR

Cheers  - Juan