anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Allo Allo  (Read 16089 times)

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
Allo Allo
« on: February 05, 2009, 03:59:51 PM »
Hi all, I just joined the forum today after ordering a box yesterday and am hoping that it will arrive tomorrow...I am located 15 miles from EKCH and 10 miles from EKRK.

I have a little link which some may be interested in and was wondering ( I am a total NOOB) how this guy uses Google maps with his Radar.. Take a look. Seems to update every 20 seconds.

http://www.flygradar.nu/karta.php

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Allo Allo
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:24:43 PM »
Hi Hamish and welcome to the forum!

That's a very impressive site - I've no idea how it's done! All I can say is that he's probably using an SBS box, as he's picking up a Nextjet Beech 1900 which a bug in RadarBox means that we can't locate. AirNav should be fixing this bug in the next software release, due in the next few weeks.

Enjoy!

Rod
Rod

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:31:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply Rod, new software huh, maybe I should have waited a few weeks before ordering my box......Ah well, ye live and learn.

Fenris

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply Rod, new software huh, maybe I should have waited a few weeks before ordering my box......Ah well, ye live and learn.

Why? It's a simple upgrade process.

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »

Is the upgrade free ???

Fenris

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 04:37:22 PM »

Is the upgrade free ???

Yes, the download is provided on Airnav's site, you download it, run it after closing RB, and then on the restart you have the new version.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
There is no upgrade free.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »

ITYM fee Support!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 04:39:18 PM »

I think that should read "There is no upgrade fee" :-)

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »
Thanks for all the info: but we have deviated a bit from the body of the post which was ..

I have a little link which some may be interested in and was wondering ( I am a total NOOB) how this guy uses Google maps with his Radar.. Take a look. Seems to update every 20 seconds.

http://www.flygradar.nu/karta.php

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »
Maybe using Planeplotter.  I have a similar process running at the moment that shows all flights in Google Earth - link is http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/google_radarbox.kml

Just open in Google Earth.  Happy to explain how I do this if anyone is interested.

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »
Thank you Tarbat

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »
I'd sure like to know how it's done too. With that sort of coverage it has got to be more than one RadarBox or BaseStation involved. The distance Stockholm to Göteborg (Gothenbourg) is something like 550km (350miles). The site is unfortunately all in Swedish, but fortunately I lived 15 years in Stockholm so I can tell you that the details you find under the "Om" tab...

Om kartan
Kartan hämtar information från ett flertal transponders. Detta data presenteras här som små plan på en google-karta.

Kartan är "live" utan fördröjning .

Denna sida använder sig av Cookies för att spara vart på kartan man befinner sig, samt utförda inställningar.

Om planens "svansar"
Vid klick på planen, så ritas det aktuella planets färdväg ut med ett streck. Streckets färg varierar beroende på vilken höjd planet hade vid den aktuella positionen. Nedan en förklaring av "svansens" färger. 

Siffrorna som anges är i meter. Om planet befinner sig under 100 meters altitud så ritas svansen som vit.

are translated as...

About the map
The map gets its information from several transponders. The data is presented here as small aircraft on a Google map.

The map is "live" without a delay.

This page uses Cookies to save where on the map you are, as well as carry out the settings.

About the aicraft's "tails"
If you click on an aircraft, then the actual aicraft's flightpath is drawn by a line. The line's colour varies according to the altitude the aircraft had at that given position. Below there is an explanation of the "tails'" colours.

The figures shown are in meters. If the aircraft is under 100 meters altitude then the tail is drawn in white.

Hope that helps a little anyway.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »
Most likely a private network of SBS-1s using SBSNetPro.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »
Andy,

You're a clever chap, surely it must be possible to use the Squawkbox data to display on Google Maps, much the same way you can display on Google Earth?  I know that it will only show data from a single RadarBox, but I do like the "clean" display.

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/index.html

Of course, this is way beyond my skill level :-0