anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Non ads eqipped aircraft  (Read 6943 times)

b744

Non ads eqipped aircraft
« on: June 19, 2007, 05:50:27 PM »
Just for clarification,these aircraft appear on the list but with no height/altitude readout ?
Why is this as SBS will give a height but obviously not plot them on the map ?
Curious but very impressed with the software functions.....

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Non ads eqipped aircraft
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:03:28 PM »
Aircraft which are not ADS-B equipped must be Mode-S to be shown on the list.  Otherwise they will not be shown or listed.

During development we thought the Mode-S altitude was not needed as you can't actually plot the position. However due to recent comments on this forum and consultations with customers it will be included in future update to the system.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirforceOne

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 06:34:08 AM »
1-I understood that the aircraft position is transmitted using the so called ADS-B but i would like to know on which frequency these data are transmitted.

2-Do you have a database of which airliners are using this ADS-B system to make sure that my country's carriers at least have this.

b744

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 07:52:17 AM »
where are you ? Then we can let you know if the a/c you'll see are ads or just mode s and therefore not plotted.

Emmanuel

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 09:51:12 AM »
1-I understood that the aircraft position is transmitted using the so called ADS-B but i would like to know on which frequency these data are transmitted.(...)
Hi,
the frequency is 1090MHz.
Best regards to all,
LOMBA, Emmanuel.

b744

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 10:48:29 AM »
You mention inclusion of non ads a/c , ie mode-s only ,on the list with height read-outs as a "future update". What sort of time frame does that mean as for me, its a must have before I would purchase the Radarbox. I look forward to early July when we start to get feedback from the first users.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »
We expect this to be 1/2 months after releasing however maybe much quicker. This is because we want to gain more feedback from customers on any other ideas/issues before we embark on a update.

AirforceOne:

If you tell us where you are located we should be able to give any idea, if you don't want to mention it on the forum then email support :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirforceOne

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 04:38:52 AM »
I tried receiving the ADS-B signals on 1090 Mhz but got nothing. I am using the AOR AR-3000A receiver tunned on 1090 Mhz AM mode (tried also FM mode).

Can anybody tell me why i am not receiving these signals before buying the Detector?

Neilman2424

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 10:47:38 AM »
what type of antenna are you using , if its a wide band antenna such as a discone you may not pick anything much.....  a dedicated antenna for 1090mhz will be much better.

neil

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »
I tried receiving the ADS-B signals on 1090 Mhz but got nothing. I am using the AOR AR-3000A receiver tunned on 1090 Mhz AM mode (tried also FM mode).

Can anybody tell me why i am not receiving these signals before buying the Detector?

I don't think that you are going to hear a great deal here - the transmissions are data only.  Where about in the world are you.  A screen shot of what you might see could help you get an idea of what you might see.

dudbaker

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 08:52:10 AM »
Hi

The Flight Information Handbook (Yellow book) produce by No1 AIDU gives guidance as to how to file a flight plan.  SSR equipment should included the following.

A.  Transponder Mode A
C.  Transponder Mode A plus Mode C
I.   Transponder Mode S with Aircraft ident but without pressure altitude.
P.  Transponder Mode S without Aircraft ident but with pressure altitude.
S.   Transponder Mode S with Aircraft ident and with pressure altitude.
X.   Transponder Mode S without Aircraft ident and without pressure altitude.

RAF aircraft usually use C or S.

If ADS equipped add D after one of the letters above.

Dudbaker
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]
Valiant, Victor, Shackelton, Canberra, VC10, Tornado Typhoon 737 747 A320 A300 Engineer.