AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows Driver availability for FlightStick  (Read 27050 times)

richk107

Windows Driver availability for FlightStick
« on: January 17, 2019, 10:30:25 PM »
I posted this question to Amazon looking for assistance. "Where can I find drivers, software and documentation for this dongle? The Radarbox website doesn't provide any support information."  Someone from AirNav responded that I should look to this site for more info. https://www.radarbox24.com/tracking-with-your-flightstick  While this page does contain information regarding the FlghtStick, it still doesn't provide links to Windows drivers.  Another user posted a more direct question regarding the drivers which AirNav responded that they would be ready later this month.  Call me crazy but the first link implies that there is available software for this dongle as it does mention those wishing to configure the hardware for Windows should visit the AirNav Radarbox page.  While I generally don't mind being on the bleeding edge of tech, selling hardware before a driver is even ready is too much.

Is there a beta driver available?  I'd be more then happy to test.

-Rich

Runway 31

Re: Windows Driver availability for FlightStick
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 08:04:45 AM »
Try this one from the page you mention, don't see why it shouldn't work.  Install it after the V6 software http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/ANRB-Drivers-20161222.zip

Alan
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:06:30 AM by Runway 31 »

richk107

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »
I've tried that driver package as well. I was able to confirm my legacy RadarBox does work from my laptop.

AirNav's response on Amazon has been removed but the answer for another user remains that Windows drivers are not yet available.  The FlightStick page https://www.radarbox24.com/tracking-with-your-flightstick has been updated with a spectrum analysis chart and support for Windows is no longer shown.  Thanks AirNav team for that.  The Radarbox page now points those looking for FlightStick drivers to the MicroRadarbox drivers.  These don't work. 

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:09:02 PM »
I will contact them and get back to you.  I presume you have the V6 Software to go with it.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:51:11 PM by Runway 31 »

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 06:45:30 PM »
I am advised that they are waiting on an update to the driver package by 31st January.  I am advised that it works with the existing drivers but some users are having difficulties with it, you being one of them by the looks of it

I presume that you used both the driver packages including http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/microRadarbox-Drivers-20150411.exe in addition to the one I mentioned earlier.  This one operated the previous stick

Alan
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:48:52 PM by Runway 31 »

richk107

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 08:40:43 PM »
Yes - I've installed all three on two system. I'll try another separate device later tonight. On one system, a Surface Laptop, I even reloaded Windows and the software with no change. 

Could you talk about the expected experience?  I've had the original RadarBox for almost 10 years and very much like the interface.  I made some assumptions when I purchased the dongle.  First assumption was that I would be able to use the RadarBox app.  Is this possible?

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 01:32:07 PM »
If you are feeding into the nextwork with any receiver you get a Business Subscription on Radarbox24 including the app.  Just need to link your unit to your RB24 account

Alan

richk107

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 10:10:07 PM »
No luck in getting the dongle to work with RadarBox on 3 devices.  One was a fresh load of Windows 10 Pro.

Any further suggestions?  Support?

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 08:23:12 AM »
AAs has been stated the dedicated drivers will be out within 14 days.  [email protected]

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 04:24:46 PM »
Yes unfortunately we will need to wait for the specific Flight Stick Drivers which fingers crossed could be with us by the end of the month. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 11:18:16 PM »
Is this discussion about the Flight Stick in the photo below? If so, then most likely driver zadig (https://zadig.akeo.ie) should work.

With Air Nav RadarBox ver 6.01.001, I could successfully used DVB-T with driver zadig.

I have ordered Radarbox FlightStick, and waiting delivery. Will try with driver zadig when it is delivered.

DVB-T + driver zadig, with Air Nav Radar Box ver 6.01.001
The DVB-T was detected by AirNav Software as "MicroRB"
(please see bottom-left corner of the screenshot)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 03:13:43 AM by abcd567 »

Aerotower

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 08:11:49 PM »
For me and after install zadig drivers, the RadarBox Flightstick don't work with V6.02.003 and is not detect by rtl1090 (jetvision) over Silex Wireless USB Hub (SX-DS-3000WAN).

Before that Radarbox Flightstick shutdown RB application.

With airnav drivers I hope that this will work like RadarBox 2009 or Xrange2.

Best regards

ON2TD

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »
Is this discussion about the Flight Stick in the photo below? If so, then most likely driver zadig (https://zadig.akeo.ie) should work.

With Air Nav RadarBox ver 6.01.001, I could successfully used DVB-T with driver zadig.

I have ordered Radarbox FlightStick, and waiting delivery. Will try with driver zadig when it is delivered.

DVB-T + driver zadig, with Air Nav Radar Box ver 6.01.001
The DVB-T was detected by AirNav Software as "MicroRB"
(please see bottom-left corner of the screenshot)

Tried allready for a couple of hours with these drivers and programs.
Computer recognizes the stick, zadig worked always in the feature for my other SDR dongles.

No result with this one.
I can't even open the help or find a setup hardware in the program....

No much help on these online...

ON2TD

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »
allright.

Will defenitly need some help.

tried so far:

*installed all drivers i could find or get suggested
*zadig always worked for me in the past, al my other RTL2832 stick are still happy chooching while i plug and unplug them
*Installing (2 times) the latest version of airnav (extreme slow download, btw) 6.02.003
*tried other computer

The computer seems to recognize the stick as RTL2838UHIDIR but software doesn't

Tried with SDR sharp and also no device found.

Need some help, living in a flightlane hearing the planes mocking ;-)

thx in advance
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:32:59 PM by ON2TD »

Runway 31

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 03:55:15 PM »
See reply No 9 above

Alan