AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Populate Query  (Read 12142 times)

EGNXR

Re: Populate Query
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 09:45:59 AM »
Just populated 1871 pic/info request and there all there FANTASTIC!!

Well Done Airnav and thank you
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

Fenris

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 10:27:43 AM »
Just populated 1871 pic/info request and there all there FANTASTIC!!

Well Done Airnav and thank you

Is anyone able to explain what broke and why?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 10:32:47 AM »

I thought Airnav had said that following the server rebuilds, they needed to get GAS to re-authorise their server connections.  But I may be wrong.

Minou

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 10:43:01 AM »
Just populated 4035 aircrafts/info's. Great, its working now. Thanks Airnav ,good job

Fenris

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »

I thought Airnav had said that following the server rebuilds, they needed to get GAS to re-authorise their server connections.  But I may be wrong.

Yes, but I had the impression that they contacted GAS and it was still not right.

jgrloit

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »
Probably a wrongly communicated MAC address, or something similar!!!
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Fenris

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 07:18:04 PM »
Probably a wrongly communicated MAC address, or something similar!!!

May well be. It wouldn't surprise me if the IP address of the server changed, it may be that GAS care about that where the rest of us don't need to.

Wayne

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »
Is populate working or not ?

This lunchtime I ran Tools > Populate and 361 photos/information were downloaded. I have just done the same thing again and now I get 304 photos/information. That doesn't sound right to me.

Some of the photos that RB says it is downloading are also of aircraft that are the most common around these parts and are not new to airlines' fleets so I would expect in the year I have had RB that a photo already has been downloaded

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 07:43:36 PM »
Don't confuse the MyLog manual Populate with the auto-populate function that runs all the time in the background.  Autopopulate seems to be running OK now, with the exception that the short type still sometimes comes out as "..." which is a known bug.

See the attached jpg of my last batch of autopopulated aircraft as shown in Database Explorer.

Wayne

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 08:03:37 PM »
Thanks Allocator. I understand now that if I click on a Mode-S in my flights where no registration is being displayed then this downloads a photo (or two if that option is set) and pick up the details for the aircraft in question.

Regarding the manual Populate function in MyLog I know it populates the entries in the log from NavData.db3. So today at midday I populate the log and get 361 records to be found/updated and then a matter of hours later when I do the same thing there are still over 300 records it attempts to populate. A fair number of these seem to be relating to very ordinary aircraft that are seen most days.

Incidentally it does say on the Information message that the screen will refresh when the populate has finished but I have never witnessed that happening. Is there a second step to populating the log that maybe I am not doing to 'commit' the information ?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »
The refresh happens automatically.  Find an aircraft in MyLog that has no details, but you know that the details have been autopopulated because you saw it being populated in the list (or you manually entered details using Database Explorer).  When you run MyLog populate, you will see the mylog list refresh and the full details will be there.

A bit difficult to demonstrate really, but hopefully you get my drift.  See the 2 attached shots of MyLog.  I've manually updated the main database using Database Explorer to put in the details of the Hawk 43C554 and the AlphaJet short names.  As soon as I use MyLog Populate, the details from NavData.dbe are populated to the MyLog list.