AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB Aerial Clamp  (Read 2951 times)

Tramline

RB Aerial Clamp
« on: January 30, 2009, 07:41:55 AM »
Hi, I've searched through the Forum to no avail, what I'm after is a spring loaded clamp to clip onto the RB aerial groundplane plate and the other of the clamp to clip onto say, a fence panel - basically a double ended spring clamp for use outside.

Can anyone help or suggest where I might get one or how others solve this challenge?

Many thanks
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

bratters

Re: RB Aerial Clamp
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:11:18 AM »
Assuming this is not to be permanent fixing and you will be removing/moving it on a regular basis, a bit of DIY will sort it.
Couple of heavy duty crocodile clips - as used on car battery jump leads - and a connecting shaft between them
As there's virtually no weight in the plate and aerial, a length of stiff plastic, aluminium, wood or whatever you've got lying about would suffice. If you need one clip horizontal and the other vertical then a right angled piece of metal.

Bit of scrounging needed  :-)

Tramline

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 09:15:33 AM »
Thanks Bratters, yes I'm looking for a non-permanent fixing for use in the garden when the WX permits.  Two Crocodile clips and a metal or plastic flexible shaft would be perfect but are there any 'manufactured' solutions?

I'll put my thinking cap on.

Thanks again..

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »
Rod

Tramline

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »
Thanks Rod, that looks like something that could be used.  Has anyone used this bit of kit - any comments?

abrad41

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »
Hello Tramline

Yes I have one of these's, Its ok with a short pole - Like shown in the above site, but if you put a longer pole in place it can get a bit flimseey.

But a very good buy if left as seen in the photo.

Andy