anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnav radar box questions.  (Read 3286 times)

Johnn

• Y'ello
Airnav radar box questions.
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:54:26 PM »
Hi There,
Please could you answer any of my questions?, before I take the plunge and buy!
Thanks!

When using the radar box (not on network) is there a delay on positions on the map?
Any reccommended external antenna that can be wall mounted high?
Im going to need like 10m of cable to from the rb to the antenna, will this loose signal etc/ what cable would I need?
You do not have to pay for the network fees after the year?

Thanks again
John

Johnn -

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Airnav radar box questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
Hi John

Flights that your RadarBox picks up are 100% live - no delay.

There's plenty of advice on aerials in recent threads - 10m of high-quality (thick) cable should cause no significant signal loss - I've got 15m with no problems.

The first year of network is free, after that, the current price is, I think, €60 per year. If you're happy with your live flights, the network is not necessary - there are many users without an internet connection who still enjoy their RadarBoxes, but for me the network is great and I think €60 is good value for money.

Hope that helps.

Rod
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:02:49 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

davjhedges

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »
hi johnn,try airband -online for your requirements,address on the airnav list of dealers.i bought my external  aerial  and cable from this source.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »
So did I - excellent, quick service it was too!

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:46:05 PM »
Hi John and Rod, I think I'm right in saying that the "gratis" first year network subscription doesn't start until you actually register the network software and start using it.   If you buy a second-hand RB, any unused network subscription transfers with the Box.    After the 1 year, you can still upload data/info. to the network to be viewed by others, but you can't access/download the network info..    My intentions are not to use the network until I've got at least one external antenna erected, as I can only play about 5 or 6 hours a week.   €60 when the pound was worth something worked out at close to £40, now it won't be far off £60!   I told my wife about 5 years ago that the pound would be devalued until it was worth a Euro, then we'll (UK) be joining the ERM.    ERM, no thanks, I was around at decimalisation (prices doubled in under 12 months), when I started motoring (on private land, of course) at 14 (1963), petrol was 4/6 a gallon, that's 22.5p (yes, £0.225 per imperial gallon), Players Navy Cut/Senior Service were the most expensive fag at 4/3 (22.125p!) per 20 pack, you could buy Park Drive and Woodbines in little packs of 2s and 5s, Durex from the barbers, and "safe sex" cost more fags.   Oh, Happy Days.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:48:11 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Terry

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »
Now its cheaper to to have your leg over than to smoke!

And a haircut was two bob (10p)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 01:25:37 AM »
Now its cheaper to to have your leg over than to smoke!

And a haircut was two bob (10p) - 2/- two shillings (a florin)
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!