AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help needed with flight numbers  (Read 3475 times)

dyslexnick

Help needed with flight numbers
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:16:02 AM »
I bought an Airnav box two weeks ago and have spent most of the time since watching my computer !
Two questions,why do Flybe flight numbers not appear (they do on SBS) i appreciate they are not ADS-B but if the display on SBS why not Airnav ?
When i open "my log " no flight numbers appear at all,is this an option i can turn on ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Nick

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Help needed with flight numbers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »
The Flybe flight numbers not appearing is a long-standing bug that Airnav say will be fixed in v2.10.  It covers a lot of different airlines, and is the biggest problem I have with Radarbox, making it very difficult to track flights for many airlines such as Loganair, Flybe, etc.

If RB doesn't see a Flight Number, it can't record the flight in MyLog.  Yet another reason to get this fixed quickly.

Full details of the bug are in the thread at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1372

lennox2604

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
It is  a pain not  recording Loganair Flybee etc.

Is there any word on Version 2.1

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
This is the one area where the competition (SBS-1) has an advantage over the Radarbox, and it's a problem Airnav have know about for 5 months, and was meant to be fixed this month.

Now fixing this bug is being delayed so that Airnav can develop some new functions in Radarbox.  I, for one, would prefer that they fix this significant bug, rather than develop new features.

Sorry about the rant, but I currently have 5 Loganair and 3 Flybe aircraft in my list, with no way of knowing what routes they're flying :(

lennox2604

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »
I Agree as all that the Radarbox database will let you know is the first and last date of any Loganair and you have no idea how busy they have been in the middle

G-SASA the Medivac chopper is regularly seen but it too has as a start and finish date with nowt in between .

That is where "you know who" wins  on "record keeping"

I much prefer Radarbox front end

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
Now fixing this bug is being delayed so that Airnav can develop some new functions in Radarbox.  I, for one, would prefer that they fix this significant bug, rather than develop new features.

As a general rule, bug-fixes (particularly serious ones) should always take priority over new releases.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

dyslexnick

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 09:05:05 PM »
It looks as though this is a raw nerve ! Thanks for the replies ,does a new version down load automaticly when released ?
I get no flight numbers "my log"  even if they have been displayed in real time,do i need to tick a box ?
Other than that ,what a machine

Nick

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 09:27:29 PM »
Hi Nick

No auto-downloads - there will be an announcement on the forum, and maybe an email from AirNav, along with a link for the download.

Updates are normally trauma-free :-)

Rod
Rod