AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Doncaster/Robin Hood (EGCN) Outline please  (Read 7555 times)

Bigyun2000

Doncaster/Robin Hood (EGCN) Outline please
« on: January 24, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
Hi all.
I know the question of outlines has been discussed in numerous threads but non really answer my question.

I have jus bought the RB 2009 and to me all the airports look like thick white lines with a thin line as the approach etc.  Then the name of the airport and its abbreviation (EGCN).

Does anyone have have an outline for Doncaster/Robin Hood please as it isn't there.  I don't particularly want a proper outline of the airfield as then it would be fdifferent to all the rest.

Any help please.

Thanks
Tony

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
Re: Doncaster/Robin Hood (EGCN) Outline please
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
Have you downloaded any outlines for use with your RB? you could try these and copy  them into your outline folder. These work on the Radarbox too, even thoughit's a sbs site.

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm

Stuart

Bigyun2000

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »
@besty8
Yes but the problem is that each airfield is actually drawn.  So as you zoom in, you actually see a proper outline of the airfield.  The one's on RB 2009 are not.  As you zoom in, they are just bold white lines.  I guess this is to save on memory use i am not sure.

The outlines on bones site a re very good.

Thanks but its not what i really want.
Cheers

besty

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
If you go onto the map and untick the airport icon in the  aviation signs section, it then does away with the default rb 2009 and just uses the outlines you installed.

Stuart

Bigyun2000

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
Done that.  Now The outline of EGCN is there with a centre line, but eventhough i have selected station list on.  I am unable to see EGCN Doncaster.
Any ideas

@AirNav Support
As this has been an issue for some time.  Is it possible that AirNav could add this particular airport in their maps please.  I did ask this early last year when i had the AN RB.

Thanks

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 04:49:10 PM by Bigyun2000 »

besty

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »
I asked about this the other week, it seems it wasn't on the original db. hopefully it will be added to the new version. As you say the map is there but no name and you can't search for it with the locate button.

Stuart

Bigyun2000

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 05:00:35 PM »
Stu i had the ANRB very early on last year.  After a while i got rid of it.  I decided to get another one a few days ago and it had 2009 updated software so i was hoping that this small matter would have been solved.  I wouldn't have thought it would require much ro do such a small ammendment.

Anyway am enjoying it apart from that
Tony

besty

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 05:05:58 PM »
Glad you're enjoying it again, wouldn't think it would take much so here's hoping for the next release.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 05:24:43 PM »
Well its not case a of adding one new airport details. Its more like getting the latest navigational data for all the world otherwis people starting complaining again :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Bigyun2000

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 06:58:07 PM »
@AirNav Support
Thanks for reply. I can appreciate that, but why not make the update when you have confirmation of complaints.  You could do this at every software update.

Like i said earlier.  A year later and allthough improvements have been made to the program which are appreciated,  nothing has been done about a known problem of missing airports.  Which in my mind seems a simple matter, as i would not think too many airports are built each year.  I may be wrong.

Regards
Tony

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 07:13:53 PM »
Bigyun2000,

You are looking at it in a simple way. Realistically we get lots of customers asking for additions or minor bugs which may only be affecting them, we have to work through these and determine the ones which are possible to be done with time/cost/customers affected.

In this case, its not as simple as just entering few details about the airport in a file. Its a case of getting the latest AIRAC Cycle data and putting that into RB format. Something which is time consuming and expensive (probably why our competitors don't have this as standard)

We would love to add all the suggestions etc. but in reality its different. We are trying though to work through the list :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Bigyun2000

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »
AirNav Support.

Yes i guess i am only looking at a small picture whilst you are looking at a larger one.

OK - Can i do anything here to enter information manualy?
I have tried using besty8's idea, allthough i have at least an airfield with a centre line,  i dont have anything saying what airfield it is.

Thanks
Tony

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 07:29:44 PM »
AirNav Support.

Yes i guess i am only looking at a small picture whilst you are looking at a larger one.

OK - Can i do anything here to enter information manualy?
I have tried using besty8's idea, allthough i have at least an airfield with a centre line,  i dont have anything saying what airfield it is.

Thanks
Tony

You could create an outline file, in the same way that airfield outlines are created.  You would have to draw the letters of the airfield name - I tried it once, but ran out of patience. Normally, I don't have the airport labels on anyway, as I know where they are if they are in the UK.

Edit: Just like the attached picture, but neater :-)  It can be done, but it needs a bit of trial and error.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 07:43:10 PM by Allocator »

Bigyun2000

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »
@Allorcator

Thanks, i get the idea.  Think at the moment i'l just leave it.  At least i can see where the airport is.  I am only about 20 mins away and like to see the a/c that are coming in as i hear them on the scanner.

Thanks