anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network down  (Read 24156 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Network down
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 11:34:17 AM »
Just deselect the "Get Flights From RadarBox Network" and your live flights will be fine.

I think that it's caused by RB looking for Network data and not getting it because the Network is down.

gzerovti

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 11:46:56 AM »
Thanks John for your reply. Pleased to know I am not the only one.

Thanks Allocator. I de-selected Get Flights and all OK.

Thanks again.

Terry
G0VTI - On the flight path to EGNM

ZRHMD11

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »
"our network has been unstable during the last 24 hours with an average of 15% times down."
Well, since yesterday morning; I only received network flights during one hour.....:-(

Allocator

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 12:32:47 PM »
"our network has been unstable during the last 24 hours with an average of 15% times down."
Well, since yesterday morning; I only received network flights during one hour.....:-(

Well, in the overall scheme of things - 18 months as a RadarBox owner - this isn't a disaster, especially when it's work to improve the Server.

As an owner of an SBS-1 for 2 and a half years, Kinetic NEVER produced their promised MapModeS Network and that really does disappoint me!

Terry

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 12:52:18 PM »
Hello chaps,
                  Totally agree with Allocator,i we should appreciate what we have over the competition,at least we can converse with the manufacturer and get answers very quickly through the forum,not just as Allocator rightly says get empty jestures which do not come to fruition,as i too own an SBS-1,but never use it now as the promise of MapModeS never materialised but thank goodness RB did.I think a little patience is the order of the day ,s the problem has been identified and is being rectified at this time.Just my view of things as they stand.

Regards Terry.

Fenris

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 01:12:39 PM »
Well, in the overall scheme of things - 18 months as a RadarBox owner - this isn't a disaster, especially when it's work to improve the Server.

And they are working their weekend!

phil zech

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 01:24:17 PM »
Afternoon All,

I echo the views of other posters.  We have been informed of the situation , a slight inconvenience, as we all probably use RB more at weekends, but after all it is for the greater good, an even better product for all of us to enjoy in the future.

Cheers

Phil

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »
Fenris,

We are always working :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »
Fenris,

We are always working :)

Presumably to the sound of beating drums and the crack of the whip? ;-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 02:09:19 PM »
As support mentioned we are working on the weekend to have the new server ready by next Thursday. Unfortunately the server will continue to be down for a few minutes until then.

colinhall

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 02:43:19 PM »
Just thought I would put my radar box on means its a lovely day here at the moment on the coast just above Dover and noticed the network. Any ideas when it might be back any one ?With it being a nice day Ican see numerous aircraft going over. Colin.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »
Am I the only one who hardly ever uses the network?  I tend to focus on local traffic most of the time.  What I do notice when the network goes down is a slowdown of RB when it's trying to upload my aircraft to the network.  I then end up turning off upload sharing, and then find days later that I've still got sharing turned off.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:50:34 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 03:32:50 PM »
When I'm working down near Heathrow, I tend to use RB without the Network function.  However, I leave Share Flight Data selected and it doesn't slow down RB at all.  When the Network is down, I find that RB does slow down unless I deselect "Get Flights From Network" - so I don't think that the "Share data" selection makes a difference any more as it did in earlier versions of RB.

abrad41

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 03:44:59 PM »
Hi All

Having Read this thread, I thought let me have a look.

With the network on (Get Flights from Radarbox Network) Ticked -- Myfights showing about 125. Turned it off and wow now showing 170.

Now tell me does the network normally effect myfights like that or is it something to do with AirNav working on the network, if it normally affect it like this I think i will leave mine off.

Now showing 185 in myflights, never had it like that before and showing greater coverage on the map, Take a look at www.absbta2006.co.uk and click on the link.

Theo

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 03:53:52 PM »
As an owner of an SBS-1 for 2 and a half years, Kinetic NEVER produced their promised MapModeS Network and that really does disappoint me!

what does this mean then...?