AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Filtering OUT flights  (Read 4035 times)

parsley

Filtering OUT flights
« on: January 08, 2009, 03:04:22 AM »
The proud owner of a RadarBox since yesterday and just starting to get to grips with it...it may seem like a daft question but is there any way of filtering out contacts ?.....my own location is near Heathrow so the screen is obviously full of large amounts of BMI and British Airways flights which although nice to see detract attention from what might be more interesting traffic...any ideas?
thanks#
Paul

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Filtering OUT flights
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:44:33 AM »
Paul,

Have you seen the video tutorials here:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/Video/index.html

They include using the filters and the Fleet Watch function and specifically watching Heathrow :-)

parsley

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:31:07 PM »
Thanks for that...will have a look...the initial excitement of getting the box means I'm in the initial running before walking stage !!

Tramline

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 03:54:20 PM »
The proud owner of a RadarBox since yesterday and just starting to get to grips with it...it may seem like a daft question but is there any way of filtering out contacts ?.....my own location is near Heathrow so the screen is obviously full of large amounts of BMI and British Airways flights which although nice to see detract attention from what might be more interesting traffic...any ideas?
thanks#
Paul

Hi Parsley,  I live near LHR and would also like to filter out BA/BMI flights - did you find a way of doing that in the end?
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Allocator

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »
Tramline,

Do you mean that you only want to see the BMI and BA flights - if so, this is very easy.  Just set BMA* and BAW* in the Fleet Watch and select "Show only Fleet Watch".

See the video demos in the link above.

Tramline

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »
Tramline,

Do you mean that you only want to see the BMI and BA flights - if so, this is very easy.  Just set BMA* and BAW* in the Fleet Watch and select "Show only Fleet Watch".

See the video demos in the link above.

Hi Allocator, I do not want to see BA and BMI flights, I've cleared all their fleets.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »
Now, that's a bit more difficult!

You can filter the MyFlights list, but only by one fleet at a time.

Flight ID <> BMA*

Flight ID <> BAW*

Of course, they will still show on the map.

You can still use the Fleet Watch - Show only Fleet Watch Aircraft, but you will have to have all the other fleets in the list, like:

VIR*
EZY*
DLH*
etc

In other words, everything except the fleets you already have.  This will be a longish list, but it will work.  Just watch the MyFlights list and add operators as you go along to build up you list.