anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SquawkBox - no display of anything even where flights show a Mode A/C squawk  (Read 3112 times)

Fenris

I've installed SquawkBox and it correctly connects to the Radarbox port 30003 output, this is outputting correctly when viewed with telnet, and I can see the squawk codes that do appear in RB in the telnet window. SBSPlotter works correctly too, so that's another check.

SquawkBox just sits there displaying nothing at all. I set a filter with 0-7777, show, active and still nothing. I don't see many aircraft with squawk codes showing, but not a single one has appeared in the SquawkBox window. Squawk code look ups work OK.

Am I doing something wrong? I have Vista, and there are no error messages so the .NET framework is installed.

Puzzled!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Make sure you've only got ONE program connected to port 30003.  If you're running Telnet or sbsplotter at the same time as Squawkbox, it won't work.

Fenris

Ah right, I hadn't expected that. Is that an RB limitation, I would expect it to be able to handle multiple clients from one port?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Yes, it's an RB bug.  Only the first conneciton to port 30003 works, any subsequent connections get incomplete data.

Fenris

Yes, it's an RB bug.  Only the first conneciton to port 30003 works, any subsequent connections get incomplete data.

OK, that's explained then. I got SquawkBox to work this morning, as a single connectee.