AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Separation of outlines?  (Read 3323 times)

Fenris

Separation of outlines?
« on: January 13, 2009, 06:02:02 PM »
A question for Airnav Development really.

Would it be possible to allow sub-directories in the Outlines folder, with the ability to enable or disable each one?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Separation of outlines?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 06:14:34 PM »
That would definitely be a nice thing to have.  It's all or nothing with outlines.

Fenris

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »
That would definitely be a nice thing to have.  It's all or nothing with outlines.

Yes, I've been looking at all the outline goodies like holds, airspace boundaries etc but the degree of screen clutter they can create offers a good opportunity to make the actual aircraft invisible. Selective outlines would help a lot.

I think BS uses layers for this, and they can be switched on selectively, so something like that would be really useful.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »
There is scope for changing the colours of the displayed outlines by including the layer number(?) in the header of the outline .out file - then setting this colour either to the background colour or a contrasting colour using Preferences and saving (exporting) that scheme.

Somebody on the forum discussed the .out header and I did have a quick play and changed the colour of my Birmingham TMA, but I haven't looked into this further.  It might be a fix, but a very time consuming one to set up.

I hate to admit it, but BS does handle the selection of outlines well and in a flexible way :-0