AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Radarbox ADS-B reception within approximately 15NM (including overhead)  (Read 20192 times)

KBOS

Hello everyone:

Thank you all for your input.

I understand that my building or trees could hinder reception, but these aircraft are operating within view of the antenna.   Many were at FL390 directly overhead and had ADS-B reception 30nm away.

Secondly, I am receiving Mode-S on these flights as well as multiple non ADS-B flights operating around KBOS, including the N and NW.

Best regards

tvcmh

Was the same occuring for arriving flights?

Couldn't tell you.  I was there for about 90 minutes and there were no arriving flights with ADSB data.  I did, however, pick up a lot of international traffic bound for LAX at FL300 and above.  When in other locations I've had flights register with position data as soon as they began their takeoff roll.

On an unrelated note the green power light on my RadarBox has been intermittently blinking lately.  Any suggestions there?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Make sure the RadarBox is fully connected to USB cable and also the cable is connected fully to your pc.

Also are you connected via USB hub? If so are there other high power devices connected to it?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tvcmh

Cable is secure on both ends, not going through a hub.  The light blinks in a pretty regular pattern but even when its off the blue and white lights continue to operate.  My suspicion is a hardware problem.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
If the hardware does not cut out then it should not be a problem. If it does contact support direct and we can arrange a replacement.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]