AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A minor problem  (Read 4635 times)

NigelR

A minor problem
« on: January 06, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
I have just purchased a radar box and I'm not sure if I am expecting too much. Do I have to be in Network Flights to get full details of 'My Flights' ? i.e. I don't get Aircraft details or reg., routing info etc. when I have the Network flights disabled.

The problem I have is that when I have both 'My Flights' and 'Network Flights' in a live mode, it runs fine for about 10mins and then the radar screen freezes even though my listing remains active. So I have to keep restarting the program.

Any advice would be appreciated.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: A minor problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »
First thing to check - are you running the latest 2009 (v2.0) version of the Radarbox software.

You should be getting full details of aircraft in My Flights without being in Network Flights.  It's how I operate most of the time.  As long as the details of an aircraft exist on Airnav's server, it should appear in My Flights.  Is it ALL aircraft that have details missing, or just some?

And what virus software are you running?  That can have an impact on Radarbox performance that can easily be fixed.

NigelR

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
Thanks

I'm using the latest 2009 version. I get flight numbers, altitude, heading details for the aircraft I'm tracking but no specific airline or aircraft details. that applies to all the aircraft. All these details are picked up if I enable Network Flights but then the whole thing grinds to a halt.

Virus software is Norton.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:20:49 AM »
Okay, firstly, if running Norton, you should setup an exclude for the Radarbox installation folder.  If running Vista, also setup an exclusion for the Radarbox folders in the Virtual Store.  That may improve the "freezing" problem.

Have you ticked the option in preferences to "Download Aircraft Photo".  Without this ticked, RB won't retrieve details from Airnav's server.  And when a new aircraft appears in the list, what do you see in the status bars at the bottom of the screen.  Do you see "1 Processing Photo/Info Request(s)..."

NigelR

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 07:15:11 PM »
I am running Vista, please could you explain how I setup an exclusion for the Radarbox folder, my IT skills are limited.

The status bar at the bottom right states 'All photo/info requests done'

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »
Sorry, I'm not at my main PC at the moment, so can't be specific about setting up an exclusion in Norton.  It's somewhere in the auto-protect section, and you need to setup an exclusion for everything in the Radarbox folder and the Virtual Store Radarbox folder.

You didn't say whether you've ticked the option in preferences to "Download Aircraft Photo".

NigelR

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »
Yes I've ticked the 'Download Aircraft photo' tab

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:53:38 PM »
Okay, I'm out of ideas.  Can anyone else help?

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 10:22:30 AM »
When you set it up did you use the default settings for vista? If you did then you have the virtual store. It could be worth uninstalling this and reinstall but just to your hard drive (c: drive) you then only have to set 1 exception and it is easier to copy logos and outlines to this folder too.
When you reinstall it when it asks for the default folders select browse then just select the hard drive of the computer, then continue as you did before.
Stuart

Theo

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 10:57:05 AM »
I am running Vista, please could you explain how I setup an exclusion for the Radarbox folder, my IT skills are limited.

What you can try if you not done it allready is to gain the proper rights in vista.
Altough you loged in as a admin you missing some rights.
This prevent that sometimes a program can't access a folder/file when needed.
When you take the rights to youre account it also disable the rule that you must give permission to everything you do, this option solves a lot of problems running programs under vista.

parsley

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 07:25:58 PM »
Just to lend my experiences today when my RadarBox arrived I have a Vista computer and ended up reloading the software a couple of times before everything eventually started working properly.....so it does sound like a software conflict

Paul

NigelR

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »
Sucess!! Thanks to everyone for their patience and advice including the Support Team and especially Parsley. I have just reinstalled the software and it's now working like a dream - full aircraft details and photos. I was very impressed even without those details so you can imagine the thrill of seeing a full record.

Many thanks!!

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »
That's good to hear that you're sorted now.  Have fun and don't forget to eat something every now and then. You'll wonder where the time goes.

Stuart