anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: findings so far  (Read 26245 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: findings so far
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »
I've set the map to automatically track UAE2 A380 A6-EDB - lets see how far we can follow it :-)

Theo

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 03:28:55 PM »

Ok look at the KLM888*
there you can see where its comming from and where its going to, that what i mean.
is there any reason that this is not showing on the other plaine in the screenshot KLM862*).

BTW the company isn't that importend the way the airnav shows this on the other panel is much better to oversee

PS. do you know the dutch side geluidshinder.nl http://www.vlieghinder.nl/reacties.php?id=3446_0_1_0_
they show somthing simmilar but then on the google earth

Allocator

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 03:38:35 PM »
KLM862 isn't in the database, so no route shown.  You can add it manually if you know what the route is, or it should autpopulate after a while.  The route autopopulate was only introduced with the last version of RB, so it's not 100% - but then it's almost impossible to get a 100% route decode anyway!

Theo

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »
Thx for letting take me a peek @ youre airbox.
Here's something, wouldn't it be nice if this is possible
http://www.oeteldonker.nl/Thats_Airnav/Thats_Airnav.html

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »
RadarBox already allows you download satellite images into RadarBox 2009 so you basically see the same.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Theo

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »
Ok after playing for some hours with the other box i've disided to go for the box
from airnav, for a moment i had doubts because the other box can contacted over a network wich is a nice option....(maybe in the future youre box will be to have this option)
the only thing is, there are no store's nearby who's selling any radarbox, the only store i could find is a 3 hour drive... you should promote youre stuff in the netherlands so there will be more store's who's selling youre stuff.
Not many people (who are not involved with aviation) know there is such a device for spotting plane's on a pc for sale.. and that is a shame because when telling about it people wanna know more about it...and as you know every reader is a possible customer.

Ps. are there to youre knowledge more store's besides earotrading in the netherlands?
maybe i spend a site on this in dutch and promote it...;-)

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 03:32:53 PM »
Ps. are there to youre knowledge more store's besides earotrading in the netherlands?
maybe i spend a site on this in dutch and promote it...;-)

There is a list of dealers on the AirNav site

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/dealers.html

but that does only show one in Netherlands.

Theo

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 04:00:32 PM »
yep i know and that's the one that's teake a 3 hour drive lol..

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »
Theo,

We don't have anybody else selling it in Holland. Though you can purchase from us or the dealers direct and get it sent to you.

We are trying to promote to the whole world but its a big world :) Worth of mouth counts though so you can help us out and therefore get better coverage on the network.
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »
It's not just the Netherlands with this problem.  Even with 20 dealers in the UK, my nearest one was 5 hours drive away!!!   You can buy directly from Airnav, from their order page at http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/order.html   That's what I did - excellent service.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »
yes but Tarbats an anomaly living in training bombing zone :)
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »
But they still deliver!

"Clear in Hot"

"2 o'clock 200 meters"

"Delta Hotel"

:-)

Fenris

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 06:54:17 PM »
But they still deliver!

"Clear in Hot"

"2 o'clock 200 meters"

"Delta Hotel"

:-)

Repairing the house after the, er, "delivery" is a rather protracted business though, even if they use something a bit smaller than a 1000lb bomb case as the packing material! :)

Theo

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
Tomorrow i'm going to pick up the box (if its not snowing again)

After a close compare and testing the software, i desided eventuly to go for the competition, reason is that altough the airnav has more option allready installed i have seen to many drawbacks that's make me come to this conclusion.
But the main reason is because the network has a delay of some min.
After all we buy the device for the simple reason to watch realtime, for watching with a delay, there are a lot of free options on the internet.
On ATCBox  (for who knows the site), the stream's of the airnav box stay's almost empty all the time because of this delay.

Fenris

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 05:41:12 PM »

But the main reason is because the network has a delay of some min.
After all we buy the device for the simple reason to watch realtime, for watching with a delay, there are a lot of free options on the internet.
On ATCBox  (for who knows the site), the stream's of the airnav box stay's almost empty all the time because of this delay.

Hmm, I think it's going to be interesting to see the responses from other people here Theo, I actually am in your camp and would love to see real time networked data but every thread which mentions it makes it clear that it isn't going to happen any time soon due to government interference based on their security concerns.

How long has ATCBox been going? I wonder if they've been noticed by officialdom?