anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Radarbox with Lantronix Ubox.  (Read 11436 times)

Theo

Re: Remote Radarbox with Lantronix Ubox.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:04:23 PM »
I had the same distance problem between my antenna and the computer.
I simply used 85 mtr of quallity cable and a good amplifier and from the place where i live (Doetinchem in the Netherlands) i can see all the traffic from the middle of the UK to the middle of France and the half of Germany.
So think about a good external antenna.

Hofs mag ik je vragen wat jou woon situatie is in verband met je toch zeer goede ontvangst, woon je vrij of in een flat of gewoon normaal rijtjes huis.

Expl. in english.
Just asked in what for condition hofs is living because of his good reception

hofs

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
Hello
I didnt use the JIM m-75 with the radarbox because its range is much to wide and it give's a lot of interference .
The amplifier i named is specified for the external radarbox antenna.
I need a 24mtr mast because i am living in the forest and i need it to get higher than the trees.
The size of the externel antenna is nearly the same as the original antenna only the  thickness is a little bit more.
Greetings Fred

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »
Hi Fred, many thanks for that info., very helpful, I was intending to go the M75 route, but will go with your proven solution.

The wind's blowing up around Gale Force 8/9 here at the moment, don't even dare putting the standard twig outside!!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

hofs

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 06:24:14 PM »
You can connect a ads-b transponder to your antenna and if its blown away and flying over the Netherlands my radarbox will track it and i will catch it for you.
Fred