AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Up and Working  (Read 2839 times)

bill5

Up and Working
« on: December 30, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »
HI

Thanks to all for your help, l have finally got it up and working. The only thing is, we are right near heathrow, as staying in a hotel for a few days, but can not get landing traffic. I guess l am doing something wrong as, still playing with it, and getting used to it, also when you see a plane taking of, can you see anywhere where it is going. I have tried to set it so l only get heathrow traffic, but then nothing shows up.

Many thanls

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
Re: Up and Working
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »
The signals from the aircraft are very strictly line of sight. It may be that there is something disrupting the signal from aircraft to your antenna.

Try moving the antenna around the room to see if it helps.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »
Well done Bill and welcome to the world of Mode S!

Don't bother using the Heathrow filter, as this uses the route information to filter traffic, so if no route is showing, you'll get no traffic!

See this guide to watching Heathrow.  It uses the Network rather than live, but it gives you a good idea of what to do.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YuqvB6NtnBQ

The full resolution video is on the AirNave page here:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/video/

peteeds

• RADIO AMATEUR (2W1FJZ - MW3PET )
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »
Well done Bill, glad to see u got RB up & running. You will find this forum very helpful, I find the guys on here will bend over backwards to help you resolve any problems you may come across & that goes a long way in this day & age.
 ENJOY,But be aware RB can be very addictive.

Cheers  Peteeds.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 07:56:06 AM »
Thanks to all for your help, l have finally got it up and working. The only thing is, we are right near heathrow, as staying in a hotel for a few days, but can not get landing traffic. I guess l am doing something wrong as, still playing with it, and getting used to it, also when you see a plane taking of, can you see anywhere where it is going. I have tried to set it so l only get heathrow traffic, but then nothing shows up.

If you have Internet access while you're at LHR, feel free to visit my live (5-minute-delayed) Heathrow arrivals site at http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/LogReport/EGLLADSB.asp

This is ADS-B-driven and so by definition everything you see listed should be visible on the radar screen of a RadarBox or SBS at LHR.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour