AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Live reception/network reception - what happens at the join?  (Read 28359 times)

Deadcalm

Re: Live reception/network reception - what happens at the join?
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2009, 04:36:15 PM »
Well, it does annoy me, particularly when you can't get a straight answer in plain English as to whether or not it will be addressed.  It doesn't work as it should, it needs sorting.

It'll certainly have an impact on my decision when it comes to February, when I have to decide whether or not to renew my network subscription on my meagre NATS pension.  I'll probably content myself with local flights only, as for me it's pointless continuing with network monitoring as it is.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2009, 04:45:37 PM »
"meagre NATS pension" :-o

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2009, 04:51:25 PM »
This issue like any other will, of course, be addressed when we have a new upgrade out.

Fenris

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »
This issue like any other will, of course, be addressed when we have a new upgrade out.

Sorry, do you mean when the upgrade is out or before it so that any fix for this is included?

On a similar subject, do you have a formal bug tracking database (like Bugzilla for instance) that is accessible to your customers (or could be made so)? And do you (or could you) publish a ChangeLog with a new release so that the bug IDs dealt with can be cross-referenced with it? It would probably make your jobs easier as there would be less need for people to expect replies to questions here, thus saving you effort.

Worth a thought?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 05:14:18 PM by Fenris »

Fenris

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »
"meagre NATS pension" :-o

Ah well you see, Swanwick went so far over budget they had to cut back somewhere ;-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »
All updates will be included on V2.10, not before that.
regarding bug tracking tool, we have but it is limited to our team. Support will give you more details on this.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
Fenris,

We do have bug tracking tool, though this is only for our beta group. We may in the future allow guest access to it so customers can view but can't enter anything unless they are in the beta group.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2009, 08:49:21 PM »
Fenris,

We do have bug tracking tool, though this is only for our beta group. We may in the future allow guest access to it so customers can view but can't enter anything unless they are in the beta group.

Ah, an excellent idea. As an open source advocate, I'd say never underestimate the power of user feedback. It pinpoints problems very rapidly. This would be a great first step.