anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Losing Aircraft  (Read 5340 times)

Kism3t

• Ian Hubbard - Photography
Losing Aircraft
« on: December 29, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
Hi,

First off I have had the radarbox for just over a week now and I can safely say I don’t think I have spent as much time in front of my computer ever :) SO ADDICTIVE!!!!  :) (The wife is not so impressed, especially as we have only been married for 3 weeks)

I just have one little query really.
Yesterday I ran a report and I had 780 aircraft in MyLog, but when I have checked today there is only 463.

I have compared the two reports and picked an aircraft for example 484444, if I search for it in quick filter it is there and there is an entry for yesterday with a callsign etc... but if I select Quick Set to Yesterday it is not there?

Hope this makes sense.

If somebody could shed some light on this for me it would be much appreciated, I don’t want to be losing aircraft :).

Also just out of interest, I wonder if there is anybody around my age who also owns a RB? I’m 24, I get a lot of stick for being so much of an aviation enthusiast (Geek).

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Losing Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »
Make sure in MlyLog you set the date filter to "all time" otherwise you will only get entries on the specfic date range entered.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Kism3t

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »
Thank you,

The aircraft does show if I select "All Time" but I wanted to search for a specific date ie. yesterday, and if I do then it doesnt show.

JRS98

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »
That's another unfortunate thing about the logging system. Once an aircraft is picked up again, it will be removed from the previous day or days it was logged. For example, yesterday I picked up 1211 aircraft, now when I click yesterday's entries in the reporter I get 811. Hopefully in the near future Airnav will upgrade the logging system because right now it's very poor.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 09:08:49 PM »
In your opinion it might be "very poor" but it's a huge improvement over the early release of RadarBox, because AirNav listen to what users wanted.

Although this has all been discussed before, maybe it's a good time to make suggestions as to what users actually want from a logging system.  All I want is to be able to see when I've picked aircraft up in the past, rather than having a 100% record of who, what, when and where.  I'll be surprised if we can all agree on a common standard here :-)

Maybe the way ahead is for Radarbox to record everything, then have a "tick-box" type form to generate what users want?

Maybe a new thread with just what is wanted, rather than listing what the logging system doesn't do?

JRS98

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 09:45:51 PM »
Allocator,

"Very Poor" was probably not the right thing to say, more like "lacking" I guess. I'd like to be able to see every time I picked up an aircraft. Having the the first and last altitude for the flight would be great too ( even if it doesn't have a callsign). My thing is, if the SBS-1 has this capability then why not the RB?

I know Airnav is good about adding features/requests so hopefully the logging system will be upgraded in the near future.

Kism3t

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 09:52:54 PM »
Thank you JRS,

As long as its not just me having that issue :)  I can work with that :)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »
Totally agree JRS.  All the data must be there, it's just a case of capturing it so we can get at it :-)

AirNav totally re-wrote the database to be an SQL database, but I'm not sure they realised just how serious some of us can be regarding the data :-)  It's never going to be 100%, but I agree that there is still room for development

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 10:40:04 PM »
As usual we are here to implement users requests. Please send us all your requests to [email protected] so they can added when we implement new program features. This software will only get better if users request features and we implement them.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 01:50:36 AM »
If anyone wants to log each and every aircraft flight then I suggest they get PlanePlotter from COAA. Then they can download a script called PPreporter.vbs. This has a number of routines available to filter both input and output data. You can set PPReporter to start automatically at a preset time of day and it will run until midnight logging all the flight data from PlanePlotter.

Output from PPReporter is in csv format (comma delimited) so can be read by MS Excel and other spreadsheets. Be prepared for large files. I run it in unfiltered mode and yesterday, for example, it produced a log with 247,242 entries. It records all information except the airline/aircraft operator.

A 21-day free trial version of PlanePlotter is available at http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm. It costs €25 (+ VAT for EU residents) for a licence. PPreporter is downloadable free from the PlanePlotter Group on Yahoo Groups.

For those interested I have attached a small part of the log generated by PPReporter yesterday. The two letter code in column N is the sharer code.

Tom

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk