AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Information bar location  (Read 3506 times)

Canonjohns40D

Information bar location
« on: December 29, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
HI guys I am enjoying the radar box no I'm addicted to the radarbox but I have a query. On the set up I'm using the interface is on the lefthand side with the map to the right. I set the map width to a size covering the area my aerial sees. I have seen on the information bar at the bottom of the screen, the one with the green hardware and network symbols, distance and bearing information.

My problem is with the map setting as I choose this information is covered and if I want to check this info I need to rescale the map, drag it further right. Can I rearrange the information bar so the Distance and bearing info is always available?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Information bar location
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »
John,

Afraid not, that's the way the interface works at the moment.  I tend to have the map hard up against the "Show All" button, but that hides the ADS-B Only button in the MyFlights window.  You can always zoom in/out so that you can see the area you want and still see the Range and Bearing readout.  I'm running 2 monitors and I use the higher definition monitor (1280 x 1024) for the RadarBox display.

My laptop has a "widescreen" monitor that works well with RB, as it allows more roof left and right for the map and list.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 01:56:55 PM »
Cheers allocator for that quick response. Perhaps Airnav will look at this issue in future.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »
I do know that there is a demand for a map window that can be "undocked" and displayed separate to the information displays.  AirNav are thinking about incorporating this in a later version of the software, but as this would involve a major software re-write, I don't think that it's going to be a quick job.

That would give the best of both worlds, and for those of us with 2 monitors it would be great - full aircraft details in the list and a full screen map - absolute heaven :-)

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »
I have resized to the show all button as you mentioned and am using zoom a sand when required. It's working pretty well and i can see the info i wanted.

My house on a really good spot for overflying traffic both local, BFS and BHD, and transatlantic. I have a seat at the bedroom window radio on computer plus airnav running. With the Distance and Bearing info and a good set of binoculars it's like being in my own little Air Traffic tower. heaven indeed.

John

Allocator

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
That sounds like an excellent setup John - just remember that RadarBox can be habit-forming.  However, RadarBox is an aid to weight loss, especially after the Christmas festivities, as there just isn't enough time to eat as well as watching the aircraft!