anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some routes still not showing?  (Read 4738 times)

gzerovti

Some routes still not showing?
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »
After a week I have started to see a significant increase in routes but there are still many flights that do not have routings showing.

I find that I am having to continually untick the "Process hardware flights" box and then re tick it to get some routings.

Is this how it will be from now on or have I got a fault?

Thanks

Terry
G0VTI - On the flight path to EGNM

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Some routes still not showing?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:34:56 AM »
Hi Terry,

The routes into the network are still being populated in the tables. There are over 100,000 entries and they do take time to be checked added.

The difference between your local database and the one the network uses should become much less soon and you won't need to do the untick box.

Also please note we do NOT have all flight route details as that is an impossible task but we are getting a close to a good number in areas such as the UK.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

vicscan1

• Brookfield Computer Services
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 12:12:11 PM »
Don't know if this has been covered yet, but I have been noticing that some aircraft (local obtained from RB) are showing up in the list, but the aircraft is not plotting on the map. The aircraft are not commercial airliners, but it is my understanding that it should be plotting all aircraft... would that be correct?

Thanks
Tim Roberts
Tim Roberts
Brookfield Computer Services
www.brookfieldcomputers.com.au

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 12:22:19 PM »
Don't know if this has been covered yet, but I have been noticing that some aircraft (local obtained from RB) are showing up in the list, but the aircraft is not plotting on the map. The aircraft are not commercial airliners, but it is my understanding that it should be plotting all aircraft... would that be correct?

Thanks
Tim Roberts

Tim,

Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas :-)

Do you see a "Globe" in the aircraft list next to the aircraft details?  If not, then that aircraft is not transmitting full ADS-B (position) information and therefore will only show in the list and not on the map.

Some brand new commercial aircraft (and almost all military aircraft) don't transmit their position, whilst some quite old aircraft do.  There is no requirement for ADS-B equipment in the aircraft, so it's optional, just like ABS is optional in a car!

Deadcalm

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 09:45:16 PM »
Terry, there have been many postings on this subject, including several from me.

I was given to understand that the necessity for continual ticking, unticking and reticking of the "process hardware flights" box to get the routes to show on some flights was an acknowledged fault, and that a fix is being investigated.

I note that Airnav have not said as much in this iteration of the problem.

I sincerely hope that it will be remedied fairly soon, as I know it's causing me (and other users) grief having to go through this workaround to get routes to show in aircraft datablocks.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »
This topic is from more a than a month ago and we have mentioned many times the resoultion to the issue. So us saying not much is a total lie.

What may have happened is that there are some times many posts which are brought up again on the same subject which we have already addressed.
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »
Airnav, why are you so touchy all the time, at any implied criticism?
What I said is NOT a lie, it's perfectly accurate - your answer to Terry in this thread reads:
_________

"Hi Terry,

The routes into the network are still being populated in the tables. There are over 100,000 entries and they do take time to be checked added.

The difference between your local database and the one the network uses should become much less soon and you won't need to do the untick box.

Also please note we do NOT have all flight route details as that is an impossible task but we are getting a close to a good number in areas such as the UK."

_________

Nowhere in that does it mention a resolution at all, and Terry (who is obviously relatively new to the forum) isn't necessarily going to know whether or not this has been discussed before, unless you point him in the direction of previous discussions.

I suggest (respectfully) that you find a dictionary and look up the word "iteration" (repeat performance) - maybe "instance" would have been a better word.  Either way, in this thread you did NOT mention previous discussion in your answer to Terry.  I was merely assisting, and letting him know that others were experiencing this fault (and it IS a fault).

Happy New Year.

DC

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »
DC, you do realise Terry's question was asked 5 weeks ago.  I think you'll find that Airnav (and others) have posted about this problem since Terry asked.  That's the trouble when the same problem gets raised in lots of different threads.

This problem is logged as a bug (#10), acknowledged by Airnav as such, and Airnav have talked about the next release beging towards the end of next month.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 10:04:12 AM by tarbat »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 10:20:44 AM »
Yep, this is an old question.

Deadcalm

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »
Nope, have to admit I didn't notice the date, so if I'm out of order I apologise unreservedly.  However, I stand by the "sensitivity" bit, and also the fact that in THIS thread, at least, there was no reference to (or acknowledgement of) a problem or related fix.  Enough said.

DC

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 03:09:29 PM »
Deadcalm,

We have posted many many times regarding the routes issue and how it would be fixed and what the issues were. We are 100% sure you have read them.

We do get a bit annoyed of having to repeat ourselves each time on the forum but your comment of "I note that Airnav have not said as much in this iteration of the problem." was seen as an attack as you have read the posts where we have talked about the issue and how it would be fixed.

If we have post have every single detail in each thread we would be here forever.

Fair enough in this thread we have not gone into detail but we have gone into lots of the detail regarding this issue in other threads.
[email protected]