anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Taking your RB Hardware Abroad  (Read 4044 times)

bailey_uk

Taking your RB Hardware Abroad
« on: December 21, 2008, 06:41:54 PM »
Will be taking my RB equipment abroad to Barbados from 2moro for 1 week so looking forward to seeing whats out there!

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with taking the RB with them in hand luggage, whether any airport staff have considered it as being dodgy etc?

James
Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

Wayne

Re: Taking your RB Hardware Abroad
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 07:19:28 PM »
Hi James

I have taken mine abroad a few times and carried it in hand luggage. I take the laptop out of the bag but leave RB in and have had no problems or questions asked at all. I usually carry the cover from the packaging it came in just so anyone can see it is a widely available product.

Have a good time

ACW367

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 08:37:26 PM »
No problems at all. I had a rucksack with the laptop in and the RB and supplied aerial coiled in the front pocket. I went through 5 airports in the UK and US. Pulled the laptop out and left the RB in the bag at the security checkpoints. I also had no problems operating the RB at various points airside throughout the airport including at the gate, altough I usually left the RB in the bag and just pulled out the leads and the aerial when connecting to the laptop.

Paulc

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 09:54:52 PM »
Same here - RB has been to Dubai, Cape town, Joburg, Orlando and Amsterdam with no problems either through security or using the system.

9M-ISJ

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 07:01:42 AM »
My RB will be off to New York on Boxing Day, its first trip overseas and I will be doing much as the others have described... leaving it in the bag while the laptop gets screened.

My previous SBS (size of a house brick) unit went all over the world (US 5 times, Australia, Switzerland, Japan, Fiji, France, Spain, Canada ect ect ect) and never any questions