AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rador box alerts yahoo group.........  (Read 4844 times)

acars45

rador box alerts yahoo group.........
« on: December 11, 2008, 10:01:17 PM »
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Acars_Sbs/

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/airnav_rador_box_alerts

on my yahoo group i have set up a rador box alerts on yahoo my friend has his rador box located in the isle of man
look forward to you joning
paul

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: rador box alerts yahoo group.........
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:07:09 PM »
Very interesting idea.

Brian

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:16:39 AM »
Another idea for this type of alerts.

In the next software update.  Have it so the user can pick from multiple email address. like a "Check mark box"
Box #1 = Email address (Wireless Device aka Cell phone)
Box #2 = Email address (Home Email)
Box #3 = Email address (Yahoo Group)

The above shouldn't take up to much space on the GUI screen.

Say a user only wants some alerts go to his wireless device(Cell phone). and some alerts to his desktop email program. Or like the above post have some alerts go to a Yahoo Groups.

-Brian
RadarBox User Forum
http://radarspotters.eu/forum/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:38:40 PM by Brian »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »
Say a user only wants some alerts go to his wireless device(Cell phone). and some alerts to his desktop email program.

Purely as a matter of interest, are there any ladies at all out there.   My good lady thinks I'm round the twist listening to various RFs with aircraft all over the world talking to their many and varied ATCs - it floats my boat, and she's happy for me, but she can't understand the interest or buzz I get out of it.   

Some (may be 3 or 4) years ago, we were on holiday in Fuerteventura, and they started some service flights with 747s - watching it from on top of a hill, about a mile and a half away, emphasised just how short and narrow the runway is.    The fire trucks were out, and chased the 747s on landing and were stationed at the far end of the runway for take-offs - when taking off in the north direction, there is no run out area at all, just a 50-60' deep rocky gully.   We positioned ourselves just inland of the take off line, and adjacent to the airport fence - we got shouted at by the fire appliance personnel, but got some superb footage of a 747 leaving.   That she found quite impressive (frightening) and interesting, but just listening to the R/T - no.    It's like sheds - definitely a man thing!!!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!