anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getting One!!!  (Read 30283 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Getting One!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »
I've seen an increase in ADS-B traffic over the 2 and a half years that I've had my SBS-1 and RadarBox.

ADS-B is the future, so I think that's it's unlikely to scrapped in 2 years time - mind you, we might have run out of jet fuel by then!

The Eurocontrol site is pretty informative too:

The CASCADE Programme

The CASCADE programme co-ordinates the European implementation of ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast), a surveillance technique that relies on aircraft broadcasting their identity, position and other aircraft information. This signal can be captured on the ground for surveillance purposes (ADS-B-out) or on board other aircraft for air traffic situational awareness (ADS-B-in) and airborne separation assistance. ADS-B-out has reached initial operational capability status in 2008, ADS-B-in for air traffic situational awareness will reach that status in 2011. In order to meet the surveillance requirements of different environments, ADS-B-out can be used as a sole means of surveillance or in combination with radar or multi-lateration.

This website gives you an overview of the CASCADE programme, its applications, validation activities and implementation plans. You can also find dedicated information for Aircraft Operators and ANSPs and documents, FAQs and contacts.

http://www.eurocontrol.be/cascade/public/subsite_homepage/homepage.html

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:47:07 PM by Allocator »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 11:01:08 PM »
OK - I might just do that, so the general idea is that as time goes on, i will see the same/slightley more amount of traffic, and that ADS-B is a long term thing, and not going to get scrapped in two years time

Is that right? :)

Looking at what's coming out of the FAA would suggest that, in the US at least, ADS-B is likely to be mandatory in controlled airspace by 2020.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

jonjorobb

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »
Thanks for that Info Dave and Allocator