AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I am going to convert  (Read 3369 times)

pilot_ngb

I am going to convert
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »
I have visited this site almost everyday for the last month to check out RB. At first I was not convinced, but I have to admit I have been very impressed with what I have seen on this forum.

I am not going to ditch my other box yet, but I am going to buy a RB in the next month or two once I have saved up.

The 'other one' appears to have no road map for development. I need more than local traffic. RB offers the one software solution.

Happy New Year
ngb

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: I am going to convert
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »
ngb,

Good decision :-)

I ran both boxes side by side for a while just for comparison purposes, but then my SBS-1 became too "high maintenance" when I had to keep upgrading the 3rd party add-ons and I found that I was watching the RB more because of the extra range.  People on the other forum keep going on about how they only want to see traffic in their area, but I consider the whole of the UK and NW Europe to be my area.  It's much more fun to be able to follow aircraft that bit longer, or in some cases, considerably longer :-)

I only fire the SBS-1 up now when I get asked a specific comparison question.  The last time I did this, I forgot that I'd put a new hard disk in and it took me ages to get my Basestation software to a point where it gave me the information I needed for comparison -  simple things like aircraft registrations and company logos!

All the best for the New Year and I hope that those pennies mount up quickly :-)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »
Great to see you have seen the light :)

We are always here to help.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

abrad41

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »
ngb

Get them pennies in your savings mate, I also use to have a sbs-1 and I would never go back to one after using the RB.

The RB is a fantastic bit of kit and very addictive, you can read lots of threads on here of people who have moved over and would not go back.

The Support and help is great too and everybody helps each other if they can.

Cheers mate and happy new year to everybody.

Andy

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 02:30:01 PM »
Hi pilot_ngb

I started with SBS-1 in begining of 1997, but when RB  was just released.....
I was not more able neither to sleep till get one RB !
Nowadays I have SBS-1 ... retired.... an have 3 RBS working fine and full built in featured without having to be an systems analyst !

So be welcome to the RB community, where is not possible to be unhappy !

Cheers ! and Happy 2009 !

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 02:34:58 PM »
Think you made a slight mistake in your post, there was no ADS-B recievers in 1997 as you describe, maybe 2007 :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]