anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Duff info in database.  (Read 4203 times)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
Duff info in database.
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:21:17 PM »
I'm finding the database a pain lately. This morning I have a German C-160 3F9929 reported correctely in A/C Type and Reg but under AC Name as a Mirage IIIC and Airline as France - Air Force. Also had a French E3CF - 3B77DA shown as a Mirage 2000 and Airline shown as Greek Air Force.

Tom

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

abrad41

Re: Duff info in database.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:37:44 PM »
Tom

You should take a look in NavData.db3 database, you will be suprised at the things that are wrong in there, from lots of nulls to lots without any details at all and I do beleave this is where mylog looks to get its information from.

This is within the database that was supplied with RB (new one supplied means never been used, never had any updates).

I am now starting to go through the whole database to get it upto date (getting my information from Airframes site), Might take a couple of months to do this, but well worth it I think.

Cheers

Andy

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 01:01:09 PM »
Andy,

What are you using to edit NavData.db3?

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

abrad41

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »
Hi Tom

I use SQLite Maestro, you can get a free months trial from there site if you are interested, then I think I paid about £65 for a full copy.

It took me a while to work out how to do certain things, but there is a lot more to the program, that I do not know about.

I am lucky, that I saved a copy of NavData.db3 database at the start when I first installed RB, so now I can run RB and work on the original file, then when I have finished updating it, I can just replace the one I am using now.

Cheers

Andy

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 01:43:06 PM »
Thanks, Andy.

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

abrad41

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »
Hi Tom

Did you get a chance to look through the database?  I have started ploughing my way through it and it is worst than I first thought.  There is c/n numbers where company's txt should be and company txt where c/n numbers should be, there must be thousands of Null entries/untitled entries and ones with no aircraft entries at all.

Well I must plough on mate.

Cheers

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »
Or do what I did a while ago, and delete ALL aircraft from the Navdata Aircraft table.  At least then you've only got to correct aircraft flying in your area.  Remember that the majority (90%) of aircraft in the Navdata Aircraft table will never be seen in your area.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:07:12 PM by tarbat »

abrad41

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »
Sounds a good idea tarbat.

Is there a easy way of doing this - like multipil deletion.  I think I tried with a completey emty database and RB would not show any aircaft on the screen.

Tell me more mate, I would be very interested, I would rather fill in all the missing details myself from airframes and rely on gas and the populater function

Cheers

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »
Andy, I use SQLite Maestro for all my database maintenance.  Just right click on the Aircraft table, and select "Empty Table".  It generates the following SQL - "DELETE FROM aircraft"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:50:01 PM by tarbat »

abrad41

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 04:51:17 PM »
thanks tarbat

That worked fine, as you proberly now I use SQL Maestro as well, but I am not as clever as you.  Will it run in RB being emty

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »
I think so.  Although I used SBS-Populate to populate an empty SBS-1 Basestation database will the 8000 aircraft in MyLog, and imported that into the table.  That way I guaranteed to get the latest data from GAS.  See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1489.msg11716#msg11716 for details.

abrad41

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 05:05:14 PM »
That seemed to have worked mate.

Will leave it running a while then take a look at it in SQL

Thanks Mate

Andy