AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New User/AirNav Radar Box  (Read 10302 times)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
Re: New User/AirNav Radar Box
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »

The annoying thing with Gatso cameras and these ruddy Tom Toms and similar, they have the sites shown, but very often an incorrect limit shown, the result is motorists chucking the hgo out with heavy anchors out - look at the tyre marks near the camera sites. 

I have both a TomTom and a Garmin SatNav and I use Camera files from PocketGPS World site. I have never had a wrong speed indication on either device. Surely we don't need to rely on the SatNav for to be aware of the speed limits, we should know what they are from those giveaway signs at the side of the road.

In my experience it is not the SatNav users that brake hard but rather the ones with no aids who seem to miss the camera warning sign placed before each and every Gatso and then suddenly wake up as the yellow headed monster hoves into view.

Tom
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:27:39 PM by viking9 »
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: New User/AirNav Radar Box
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »
Hi Tom, sorry about the typos in above - didn't make a lot of sense!     I agree with you to some extent, but I know my work issued Tom Tom has the wrong limit shown on at least 5 sites, it bleeps and shows a limit 10mph less than it is, and in 1 case 20 mph less than actual limit - we're not allowed to connect ours to works PCs as they're IBM contract supplied machines and IBM doesn't support the Tom Tom - cheapskate employers! - Civil Service - if we connect to home machines and the smart card gets fried - it's at our cost and liability.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!