anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Duplicate Entries In Mylog  (Read 9958 times)

abrad41

Re: Duplicate Entries In Mylog
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 09:52:31 AM »
Ok I have read the comments, But why are my entries being changed back to how they are at the start. Its no good updating a database if its going to be changed back when you start Rb again. A lot of my use is to keep upto date records of what my system has picked up, so this a big problem to me.

Can we have some input from Airnav, to see if this has been looked at or if anything can be done about it. 

I think I remember about a week or two ago someone else haveing a simular problem with my log.

Cheers

Andy

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
Andy,

I wonder if you are actually manually editing the records - which database are you changing, MyLog.db3 or NavData.db3?

NavData.db3 is the main database and MyLog.db3 is only a historical record of what you have seen, based on the data in NavData.db3 when the aircraft was detected.

I have no duplicates in NavData.db3 as the Mode S Hex code is the primary record and duplicates aren't allowed.

The Autopopulate function will not overwrite records already present in NavData.db3 for the very reasons you state.

abrad41

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 10:33:31 AM »
Thanks Allocator

Yes you could be right, I have been updating mylog, so you reckon I should be doing all my updating in Navdata.db3, then mylog will get all the right data to display in mylog.

Do mylog always look at Navdata.db3 when it receives a flight, if not it then goes to Rb Network database - is this right.

Can you work and update Navdata.db3 while Rb is running.

Thanks again mate

Andy

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 10:44:12 AM »
I've just updated an AAC flight on my database explorer, so it has gone into my navdata.db3 but to get it onto the screen you have to stop processing hardware flights and restart them to show  the changes on the screen but you can work on it and still use the radarbox.
hope this helps
Stuart

abrad41

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 11:07:16 AM »
Besty8

Thank you mate, I will try this when I get home

Andy