anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: problems with usb extender+more  (Read 6326 times)

asiawatcher

problems with usb extender+more
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:50:00 AM »
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=635.0

according to this post i can use cat5 and usb extender for a cable of up to 46 meters i got a 20 meter cat 5 with this usb solution and while radarbox is recognized and drivers installed it stops working after 5 minutes or so by itself (software says hardware disconnected) once i unplug and re-plug it it works again for sometime till same happens again

i tried it on different pc with same results anyone knows whats going on ? i thought i needed to shorten the cable but if usb extenders can work uo to 46 meters cat5 without loss and mine is 20 only i got no clue whats going on

can anyone help me please ?

my radarbox and antenna are houses outside my house on the roof of my building pc with radarbox are connected through cat5 and usb extender

another question time on the bottom of the software is 2 hours back compared to greek time altho i stated i live in athens/greece and chose my location all tracked airplanes are tracked with a 2 hours difference from the actual greek time on my pc how do i change this ?

finally anyone knows any software like this for radarbox? i dont care for planeplotter or for airplanes being plotted i just want a list display of flight properties

cheers

cheers

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: problems with usb extender+more
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:01:35 AM »
There may be some interference through the CAT cables.

Place the RadarBox next to your extender with the 20 metres cables and see whether it disconnects then.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:37:30 AM »
Hi Asiawatcher,

I tried USB-C5-LC more than one year ago, with SBS-1 and 10 meters Cat5 cable.... it did not work !

Tried also with RadarBox, and USB-C5-LC also did not work....

Even when for some people it seems to work.
So I adopted Ubox for solve USB connections, both SBS-1 and RB work fine.

Best regards. Juan

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »
I've been using my Radarbox for over a year using the USB/Cat 5 cable extender with no problems at all.

My only suggestion is that your USB port is not putting out the correct voltage to run the extender and RadarBox.

Does Radarbox work OK when connected directly to the USB port without the Extender?

asiawatcher

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 09:17:54 PM »
RADARbox works good when plugged in directly to the pc, but with usb extender and 20 meters cable i tried with 2 different pc's and it gives problems software says its disconnected after a while BUT the led's are still flashing on radarbox, only if i disconnect and reconnect it will start working for a while till same problem occurs

i SHORTENED the cable but nothing same problems is it the cat5 cable? needs higher quality ? or should i go for external antenna and preamp ? what do you guys suggest ?

cheers

asiawatcher

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 03:02:00 AM »
// There may be some interference through the CAT cables.

Place the RadarBox next to your extender with the 20 metres cables and see whether it disconnects then. //

i used a new cable and to my surprise when its indoors it didn't disconnect when i placed the cable and radarbox outside (housed) and i turn on the neon lights of my room to my surprised it disconnected immediately !@ i tried keeping the lights off and ti worked as a charm, whenever i turn on my rooms neon lights it disconnects !! why this happens ?

do neon bulbs interfere with cat5 cable ? finally i solved the problem but what can i do with the cable now ?insulate it somehow ? i cant be in darkness !!

cheers

asiawatcher

AMAZING !!USB EXTENDER+AIRNAV PROBLEMS DUE TO NEON BULBS ???
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 03:02:40 AM »
// There may be some interference through the CAT cables.

Place the RadarBox next to your extender with the 20 metres cables and see whether it disconnects then. //

i used a new cable and to my surprise when its indoors it didn't disconnect when i placed the cable and radarbox outside (housed) and i turn on the neon lights of my room to my surprised it disconnected immediately !@ i tried keeping the lights off and ti worked as a charm, whenever i turn on my rooms neon lights it disconnects !! why this happens ?

do neon bulbs interfere with cat5 cable ? finally i solved the problem but what can i do with the cable now ?insulate it somehow ? i cant be in darkness !!

cheers

HadNav

Re: AMAZING !!USB EXTENDER+AIRNAV PROBLEMS DUE TO NEON BULBS ???
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 03:35:50 AM »
Neon lights can give out a lot of noise! I live in England, do you use neon lights as general illumination?  In England we have low power mercury power saving lights that do not interfere with my internal antenna near my illumination.

asiawatcher

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 04:16:58 AM »
yes unfortunately i got neon lights everywhere in my house whats the solution now ? i tried insulating the cat5 cable with insulating tape even with aluminium foil but nothing still same problem !!

any suggestions ?

asiawatcher

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 04:48:41 AM »
suggestions on how to get rid of the noise and interference that is

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 07:03:36 AM »
I'm no expert, but maybe you can try using cat5e STP (shielded twisted pair).
http://www.universal-cables.co.uk/shielded-cat5e-patch-cables.htm?gclid=COrKi7uyppcCFRpUEAodcx4m9Q

I also understand that the mains power adaptor for neon lights can also put out a lot of interference, so maybe look at relocating the mains adaptor.

Another alternative may be to get a wireless USB extender.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:09:13 AM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 08:43:52 AM »
Please do not create new topics on the same issue when you already have on on the front page of the forum.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

HadNav

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 02:00:14 AM »
I suggest you replace your neon lights or do you mean (Fluorescent lighting) with something else. One of you lights chokes may be faulty or the capacitor thats part of the choke system! Isolate individual fluorescent lights to find faulty one.

HadNav

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 02:04:28 AM »
To isolate individual fluorescent light remove the starter. I suggest you seek local help with lighting. As least look up fluorescent lighting and chokes and starters on google.