anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox to Plasma tv  (Read 4005 times)

jasper37

Radarbox to Plasma tv
« on: December 02, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »
can anybody plz advise the best way to view radarbox which is currently runs on my pc upstairs to display on my large plasma tv downstairs
also to run the display on my wireless laptop which i use downstais also

many thx for any advice

rgds

jasper

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Radarbox to Plasma tv
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »
For the laptop, you could run Teamviewer on the PC upstairs, and Teamviewer on the laptop to remotely control the PC screen.

oceans777

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:02:32 PM »
Plasma TV's are possibly the biggest source of radio frequency interference in a house. I don't know how it would affect anything in the 1090 MHz range and it may not but when ours is on, I cannot use my AOR or Icoms even up into UHF and VHF without serious interference across the bands (despite outdoor antennas and being nowhere near the TV in the house). No level of power filtering or screening on the TV or receivers has made any difference.
In fact it is so bad I actually disconnect my receivers when it is on to prevent any chance of overloading them.

I definitely would not place the Radar Box with the antenna anywhere close to the plasma until you are sure it won't interfere; if running an outdoor antenna you may be fine.

Many plasmas have USB ports with alternate display modes for attaching computers, video cams or viewing pictures from memory sticks. If yours does not search for "video USB adapter" on Google - Amazon alone has a ton of them.
I don't know if they would work with Radar Box as they are made for mini-cams and cameras mostly but you may look at specs and see.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 08:06:49 PM by oceans777 »

jasper37

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:17:32 PM »
first of all many thx tarbat...........teamviewer works a treat on my laptop
and thanks oceans777 for ure help too
it is a new 46inch sony LCD with a usb fitting, there is also a PS3 connected too but still not sure how to start and try to get the display on the sony
must be some way will have to search around
cheers guys

oceans777

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 08:35:47 PM »
Hey that's a nice TV!

Check through the manual - they usually explain modes. I don't know how you will get the plasma  to 'see' the display from the computer in real-time through USB but there must be some device you can get that does this.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 10:11:32 PM »
If it's an LCD TV then it's not a PLASMA screen ;-)

Most Sony LCD screens have a PC input just like your monitor has. Look for a 15 pin D-sub connector.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

oceans777

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 10:25:19 PM »
I missed that LCD part - yes our LCD has a PC input - that would work.