AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: About the network and data sharing  (Read 5525 times)

julius

About the network and data sharing
« on: November 30, 2008, 09:30:47 AM »
First sorry about my english...
Here's my question :
If nones renew their subscription, could the network option be finally without interest; no user in such area, so no data about there ?
I guess this is not a problem in Usa or UK where lots of users but in other countries ?

Or is it possible, if the user is connected to internet of course but without subscription, that data were sent from his area to network of radarboxes, even with or against his acknowledgement for sharing; what about this since it seems that at least automatic detection of user location exists, will the airnav server always obtaining datas from each radarbox connected to internet (only his location is hide if the share option box is unchecked)?

An other question please : Is it possible to share one radarnav with your pc's from your home network (one radarnav on a network USB hub with therefore usb and ethernet ports connected to your router from where your 2 pc's). But in this case, two licenses required ?

Btw, will you provide soon a native Mac os X version ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:37:06 AM by julius »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: About the network and data sharing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »
Even if the user doesn't subscribe to the network option, they will still be uploading aircraft to the network, unless they untick the "Share Flight Data" box in Preferences.  Since this option always returns to un-ticked when Radabox restarts, most users will remain connected and uploading to the network even if they are not subscribed.

Other Airnav products rely on a good supply of Radarbox users feeding aircraft data into their network.  We (Radarbox users) are probably the main supply of data for these other products (eg Live Flight Tracker, Live Flight Data, Airnavlive.com, etc.).

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 12:25:25 PM »
To answer the other questions, we won't be providing a Mac OS version as the demand is not high enough.

Regarding network hubs, we haven't tried this but there are few customers on the forum who have they may be able to share there experience.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 01:10:44 PM »
I use VNC to connect my laptop downstairs to my desktop upstairs so that I can control the Radarbox remotely.

If you have XP Pro there is also an option to use Remote Desktop to connect to another PC within your home hub.

julius

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 01:44:31 PM »
Thanks for your answers !

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 01:51:44 PM »
Hi Julius,

About to "share" one RB to two computers at the same time.... I don't know, but
I have two Uboxes, that's a  USB network server.
One RB and Ubox I left at Buenos Aires, and I connect to it every time I want to RB I left there, just as it (RB) would be here in São Paulo, but carching the flights from buenos Aires...

The other Ubox / RB I use here in my house in São Paulo, and this let me to "save" from the long run coaxial losses, and also allows me to access RB trough internet at any place in the world trough internet, just as if the RB would be connected directly to my computer / notebook USB port.

But always is only possible, in this configuration, to access RB with only one computer at a time.

Best Ragards . Juan
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:17:08 PM by juangelb »

julius

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 02:10:08 PM »
Thanks Juan for theses precisions.

Tarbat was talking too about other airnav products; about FS Live Traffic, it seems that the only traffics available are the ones inside USA and from flights to Usa. Could you confirm this or is it only linked to the presence of radarbox in countries. I mean, if i have at least my own radarBox, will FS live Traffic X provide the traffic from the flights around my airport location (not necessarily with destination to Usa )?
Thanks again.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »
Regarding network hubs, we haven't tried this but there are few customers on the forum who have they may be able to share there experience.

I'm guessing that you guys may be looking at native Ethernet support for RadarBox - are you able to say anything about that ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »
Not at the moment :)
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 11:17:42 PM »
To answer the other questions, we won't be providing a Mac OS version as the demand is not high enough.

Are there plans to review this sort of decision reasonably regularly?

I'd really like to have a version suitable for use on Linux systems.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 11:36:36 PM »
We do review it and the market for MAC only is still small especially nowadays with MACs now allowing dual booting of windows that we don't see a sufficient market yet.

Linux I am afraid is an even smaller market at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:12:40 AM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 12:10:36 AM »
We do review it and still few especially nowadays with MACs now allowing dual booting of windows that we don't see a sufficient market yet.

Linux I am afraid is an even smaller market at the moment.

OK, well at least I know now.